Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwriting dvb's currently being accessed by others

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chris.a.perry
569 Views, 2 Replies

Overwriting dvb's currently being accessed by others

I've got a number of DVB's located in a folder that is read-only to the users, but write access for me. I'm trying to update the VBA code in these dvb's, but since users have loaded them, windows won't let me overwrite (either by saving in autocad, or renaming/replacing in windows explorer).

Is there a better way I should be setting these up, or do I just need to wait until everyone has closed autocad to update these? Anyway to setup autocad so that users can load these files without locking them?

--Autocad 2008 w/vba patches--

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have a few dvbs on a network share and have setup the acad.lsp file on each users computer to run a lsp file on the network that checks if a file needs updating and copies the relevant dvb onto the local machine.

This means that anytime I update a dvb, the next time the user starts autocad, the file(s) gets updated.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 3

Yeah, that's not a bad solution. The other thing we were considering doing was making an MSI for the entire profile (blocks, tool palettes, dvb's, lsp's, scr's, etc), and doing a windows style install for the whole thing, which essentially does what you described, except using windows installer tools rather than autocad.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report