Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2007 and AutoCAD 2008

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1122 Views, 10 Replies

Office 2007 and AutoCAD 2008

We're running AutoCAD with some old VBA customization. Our company recently moved to Microsoft Office 2007 and periodically push Office add-ons (primarily something called Meeting Room Manager, an add-on to Outlook) to the program out to our stations. When this is done AutoCAD hangs when trying to load our VBA code, saying that a dll can't be found, as if the code is not geared to Office 2007, which it is. Straight AutoCAD can run; it's just our VBA won't run. Our VBA code relies in part on Excel dlls.

Sometimes it;s the case that a user new to the machine can log in and all will be OK, leading me to think that somehow the user's entire Windows profile is corrupted.

To fix it we've had to uninstall AutoCAD, Office, and our customization and really clean out the registry and user Local Settings and Apps folders. then we have to reinstall everything with AutoCAd goin in last.

There's got to be an easier way to fix this. Unfortunately our IT folks can't seem to find the conflict. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

If I remember correctly, there has always been an issue with VBA in AutoCAD when Office is installed afterwards. The only solution that I know of is a reinstallation of AutoCAD. Maybe somebody else has a better work around?
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

My attempts at fixing this have indeed shown that AutoCAD must be installed last, but just uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't always work. I've even tried scouring the registry after an uninstall to clean out remaining acad entries. There must be some obscure registry area related to VBA that messes things up, and most likely in the folders for the user current at the time of the installation. In the latest occurance, others logging on to the machine have no issues. Right now I'm telling the user to have their Windows user profile removed by IT and then login as a first-time user. Other methods I've tried take way too long and are hit and miss.

I wonder if AutoCAd 2010 has this problem.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

"I wonder if AutoCAd 2010 has this problem."

Yes it does.
Have downloaded the VBA Enabler?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

From what I see on Autodesk's website, the VBA enabler is required for AutoCAD 2010 only. Is there a module for 2008 that comes with its install but that can be run separately as a fix to my problem?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

in our case, if this module is not installed it will launch Office repair.

from the AutoCAD 2008 deployment

AdminImage\support\VBA\vba6.msi

J.

wrote in message
news:6357872@discussion.autodesk.com...
From what I see on Autodesk's website, the VBA enabler is required for
AutoCAD 2010 only. Is there a module for 2008 that comes with its install
but that can be run separately as a fix to my problem?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Is that msi on the AutoCAD 2008 installation disc? I'm missing the disc and don't see that file in our server deployment folder.

Can that file be obtained separately? Edited by: paul.ashley@us.mcd.com on Mar 25, 2010 8:46 AM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

We found a very easy solution to this problem.

The users encountering the problem must erase file in their Application Data\Microsoft\Forms folder.

We've created a cmd file to do it.

del "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Forms\*.*" /Q

Once deleted the files are created anew as needed by Microsoft products.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution. I wonder how many
times people figure stuff like this out and never share it.

Terry S.

wrote in message
news:6394096@discussion.autodesk.com...
We found a very easy solution to this problem.

The users encountering the problem must erase file in their
Application Data\Microsoft\Forms folder.

We've created a cmd file to do it.

del "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Forms\*.*" /Q

Once deleted the files are created anew as needed by Microsoft
products.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I'm glad to do it because it caused us such a headache I'd hate to see others go through this. We found the solution in an article unrelated to AutoCAD. A blogger had problems with an Excel file with VB macros when he imported it into Office 2007 and this is how he fixed his problem. We tried it and it worked for AutoCAD, too.

We've since had repeated instances of I/T SMS pushes of Office updates and for the most part this has always fixed the problem. Since this initial problem an add-on to Outlook called Meeting Room Manager (by NetSimplicity) was pushed, and right after that editing attributes would cause a fatal error. After much trial and error, it seemed to be fixed if we just removed the add-on and then manually reloaded it.

Ours is not to reason why ...
Message 11 of 11
addowonder7

Guys, please show by da procedure for da "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Forms\*.*" /Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report