Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licence Client not connecting

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
2121 Views, 2 Replies

Network Licence Client not connecting

Hi,

I have a working situation with Network Licensing and clients using NavisWorks 2011 and AutoCAD 2011 on Windiows XP.

Now I have the first Win7 32-bit client.

The deploy that i have works, but after the instatallation both NavisWorks 2011 and AutoCAD 2011 get into a loop "Specifiy the license server" or "Specify the license file"

On WinXP I was used to copy the client-license file "LICPATH.LIC" into the Program Files folder and "specify the license file" to this file and the newly instaled client would find the license server and it would work.

What am I missing with Win7 ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@Patrick_Aps_9121 wrote:

Hi,

I have a working situation with Network Licensing and clients using NavisWorks 2011 and AutoCAD 2011 on Windiows XP.

Now I have the first Win7 32-bit client.

The deploy that i have works, but after the instatallation both NavisWorks 2011 and AutoCAD 2011 get into a loop "Specifiy the license server" or "Specify the license file"

On WinXP I was used to copy the client-license file "LICPATH.LIC" into the Program Files folder and "specify the license file" to this file and the newly instaled client would find the license server and it would work.

What am I missing with Win7 ?

Can't speak for Navisworks, but AutoCAD 2011 works the same as earlier versions, and the O/S is not a factor. You do not need a LIC file, simply add your license server to the Windows environment variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE. The value of the variable will be something like "@MYAdskLM" (use the actual name of your LM of course)

More info: http://cadpanacea.com/node/43

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3

The environment variable did not work:

Well, I found it. I had to do with the LICPATH.LIC file itself:

-> When launching the application (AutoCAD or NavisWorks) the "specify the license server" or "Specifiy the license file" generated a LICPATH.LIC file with the wrond information: the MAC adress in it was set to 00000000000

I need to specify the correct MAC adress of the server, or the licensing does not work.

-> While there still was a LICPATH.LIC file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011, I was unable to edit it or overwrite it. The new security system of Win7 prevented it.

-> Deleting the LICPATH.LIC was, however, possible, using the Explorer and confirming the action

-> Copying over the correct LICPATH.LIC was also possible, but only using the Explorer en confirming the action.

So my machine got working,

now I have to find a way to automate this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report