Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from reseller to Autodesk

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sboon
417 Views, 5 Replies

Moving from reseller to Autodesk

Our company is considering a switch from the reseller channel to becoming a direct Autodesk customer.  Can anyone here speak to what we can expect if we do this?  Pros and Cons? 

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: sboon

a Pro would be much cheaper pricing

a CON would be support and training would probably be though a reseller

so the reseller is not going to be completely out of the picture

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: DarrenP

Also depends on how local the reseller is.  When we have a reseller (not just for AutoDesk but other vendors as well) in the same city, we can have them come in person to the office when needed.  Sometimes a phone call or internet chat doesn't cut it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
ukdxb012

The first question I would ask yourself is, why do you want to do this?

Is it to resolve issues your having with licenses not being fully utilised etc? You require additional software that will cost a lot to invest in, therefore you need more Flexible licensing solution? Cost savings? Etc.

My company is actually within an EBA with Autodesk at present so I can give you an idea of what you would expect. Drop me a message 🙂

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

a Pro would be much cheaper pricing

a CON would be support and training would probably be though a reseller

so the reseller is not going to be completely out of the picture

cheaper pricing?  are you sure?  it seems unreasonable that Adesk would price cut their own dealer channel...

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Our experience:
- Every time we renew subscription, my company log-in as administrator gets trashed. As you know I also have a private log-in there too.
- First time it happened, Subscription Support was unable to resolve for about 10-days. Contacted by reseller, fixed in 20-minutes.
- Second time it happened, Subscription Support was unable to resolve for about 15-days (I was in no hurry). Contacted by reseller, fixed in 15-minutes.
- Third time it happened, Subscription Support was unable to resolve for about 30-days (we were all swamped with projects). Contacted by reseller, fixed in 20-minutes.
- We don't pay the reseller for support, this was dealt by them as an after-sales issue to resolve.
- Our reseller keeps me up to date on pricing changes, discounts, when to get in on a good price, and when to cool my heals to wait for a better price "coming soon" before it is announced when they can.
- I get a call back if I have to leave a message within an hour or two, email responses in the same timeframe if not sooner.
- I dare you to call Autodesk by phone for any of that.

Not sure why I'd give all that customer-service up and hope Autodesk can pick up the slack.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report