Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Layer Management Dialog Box

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rickhood
1100 Views, 5 Replies

Mechanical Layer Management Dialog Box

How do I restore the Layer Manager Dialog Box?  When selecting the icon on the menu bar, the manager appears to be in 'text' mode, showing options in the command bar instead of the drop down menu I'm used to.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: rickhood

Are all of your dialog boxes missing and in command mode?  Did you check the CMDDIA and FILEDIA commands and set them both to 1?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
rickhood
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks so much for the reply!  It was the CMDDIA set to 0.  I changed it to 1 and everything appears correct and normal now.  I'm not sure how this would have changed but I will save this information in case it happens again.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: rickhood

Yeah I hear ya.  In my experience it seems to happen if AutoCAD hangs or closes unexpectedly for some reason or other.  It's been one of those random happenstances for years. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Richard069
in reply to: TravisNave

Great answer. It worked for me as well.

Message 6 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: Richard069

Cmddia and filedia are often switched off in scripts to minimize popups when using standard autocad commands and switched back on at the end. If such a script hangs, does not finish correctly etc - it will not switch it back on.

AutoCAD Mechanical actually uses similar scripts to give you the "Mechanical" experience (it's basically an overblown customisation) and many of these have not been adjusted to more modern time autocad functionality (eg. don't use the dynamic array in mechanical).

Add both together and you'll find why cmdia and filedia tend to just reset in ACM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report