Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking out options in AutoCAD options

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mvesonder
637 Views, 3 Replies

Locking out options in AutoCAD options

I have been having issues with my CAD department making changes to AutoCAD settings that result in AutoCAD and our topper program to malfunction.  Is there any way that I can 'lock out' certain options so that this does not happen anymore??  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mvesonder

Which ones? You can't "lock them out" but you can load the settings you need with every drawing file.

Message 3 of 4
mvesonder

Well here is my dilemma, I set up every single CAD station at my office with the sme settings (ie.-pathed files for templates, graphics options per our hardware, plotter settings and so on).  Unfortunately, some of the employees in my department feel the need to change settings (ie.-under the 'selection' tab, uncheck the noun/verb selection box when it should be checked) without asking.  I was curious if i can completely lock the options menu so that this cannot happen in the future.  Or if there is any software you know of to enable this security.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

PICKFIRST is the variable you seek, you simply create an ACADDOC.LSP file in a locked folder that autoloads all the startup variables you wish to implement at each user station: the list of these startup variables you control.

http://www.jtbworld.com/lisp/acaddoc.htm

What other variables do you seek to reset? Please find out by tapping HELP in OPTIONS when you know where the change is located.

Also it's fair to ask that you communicate with your users about these issues and find out why they are changed, if they are changed deliberately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report