Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking docked toolbar location in workspace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lancasterm
270 Views, 3 Replies

Locking docked toolbar location in workspace

Not sure if this has been posted already or not, but I apologize if it has...

I have created three AutoCad 2008 (SP1) workspace configurations (using the enterprise concept) or basically have altered the provided 2D/3D/Classic workspaces that come with AutoCad to our company standard. However I am unable to lock down the docked location of my toolbars at the top no matter what I do. Every time I switch between the 2D/3D workspace, the specified toolbars keep changing their docked location.

Is there some setting or settings I am missing? I have tried numerous things/settings but each once still allows the toolbars to relocate. Frustrating me and when I release this to the other users, I will never hear the end of it.

One final thing, my enterprise CUI file is located on the network, and is configured right now under the “MAIN CUI” setting in Options for me to edit the interface.

Any help would be appreciated…

Regards

Mark L.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
K. Schneider
in reply to: Lancasterm

It sounds like your enterprise CUI (currently set as your main) is set to read only. Your going want to change your main CUI to the custom.cui located on your hard drive and set the one on the network as the enterprise. You will also need to save the workspace as something different than the existing ones once you move all palettes, toolbars, etc.

Hope this helps,

~~
Kyle Schneider
Message 3 of 4
Lancasterm

My enterprise CUI (currently set as your main) is not set as "read only". However I have figured it out...

In the "WORKSPACE" command you need to select the option to automatically save your workspace when you toggle to another one. Once you do that, it saves the location of the components in the workspace when I toggle to another one. Once I change the enterprise CUI back to the enterprise location, the toolbars are now locked into their dock location. In addition by leaving the workspace's "auto-save" feature on, the user is alerted that any changes he/she makes to the workspace in the enterprise CUI will not be saved.

Regards

Mark L...
Message 4 of 4
K. Schneider

My apologies, I did not realize you were trying to change that in the enterprise CUI. Glad you figured it out.

~~
Kyle Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report