Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Manager version

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cprettyman
227 Views, 6 Replies

License Manager version

The version of FlexLM that I am using, the one that came on my CD, is version 9.2.2. But, the latest version is 10.8, and Macrovision (the publisher of FlexLM) recommends that all FlexLM users update to the current version.

So, before I do that, has anyone else updated their license manager to version 10.8? Are there any caveats I should consider?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cprettyman

The version on the 2006 install cd's is 10.1.5
Didn't know that we could update from Macrovision.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
cprettyman

Ahh, you've jogged my memory - I kept the same FlexLM from 2005.

I didn't know that upgrading independently of AutoDesk was possible either, until I read it today in another thread in this NG.
Message 4 of 7
nzeeben

I have downloaded and installed the newer versions without issue, it did not seem to make any changes as far as my license manager was concerned.
Message 5 of 7
cprettyman

The contect in whch I heard about the newer version suggested that it fixes some issue with the license timeout feaure. I have never known the license timeout feature to actually work, so I'm going to give this new release a try.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

c.prettyman said the following on 2/3/2006 2:26 PM:
> The version of FlexLM that I am using, the one that came on my CD, is version 9.2.2. But, the latest version is 10.8, and Macrovision (the publisher of FlexLM) recommends that all FlexLM users update to the current version.
>
> So, before I do that, has anyone else updated their license manager to version 10.8? Are there any caveats I should consider?

See: http://support.autodesk.com/Getdoc.asp?ID=TS66079

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have installed my server with the downloaded 10.8 and I had no issues at all. My reason is because on the same server I have to let 3 different FlexLM services run, One for AutoCAD, another for I-Sketch and a 3rd for GeoMedia.
Because i do not want to install different versions of FlexLM on the same machine, I just use the higest version available from MacroVision and not versions delivered with software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report