Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
501 Views, 3 Replies

Licence upgrade

I am the only Architecture user in my office and want to add a seat, I understand that the 'stand alone licence' we currently have is for one seat, do we need to purchase a new licence or is it possible to upgrade the current licence to cover an additional 1 or 2 seats?

The cost of a new licence is prohibitive however if there is a way of upgrading for a fee it may be more reasonable.

Thanks

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Buying multiple seats doesn't kick in for a discount until 5 or 10 seats (can't remember for Autodesk) And even then the discount isn't that great. The real advantage to multi-user licenses is that in a larger office with let's say 25 users, 20 licenses may be enough because the users aren't all using at the same time. 2 may be out of the office. 2 in a meeting and 1 out sick. An office study with some statistical analysis will indicate the optimum number of licenses. BUT once in a blue moon, for example on a tight deadline for a major project you may find that the statistical projection will be wrong and you need 1 or more licenses than your system is able to distribute. That's when you start kicking yourself for being too cheap for your own good.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for that, the idea is to have a second machine purely for rendering, so I guess the cost will be the cost of an additional licence, not really cost effective.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Does the rendering machine have to be Architecture? I believe that if you create with architecture you export to autocad and render the results with regular acad. May be wrong there, but check it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report