Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop 3 - PLEASE HELP ME

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JuniorHughes8068
639 Views, 7 Replies

Land Desktop 3 - PLEASE HELP ME

I just downloaded LD3 on my new computer. It opens up ok but the menu palettes are missing. The PROJECT dropdown ias not there eiter. How do I get them installed? Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: JuniorHughes8068

You found Win95 on a new computer?
What profile are you running? OPTIONS' command, last tab on the far right.
Message 3 of 8

Try the Land Desktop Group. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/bd-p/83  But LDD3? Not many out there still running that.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
JuniorHughes8068
in reply to: pendean

My new machine has Windows 7 (XP Pro). Is there a setting somewhere I am missing or something I need to toggle?

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for this link. I went there and there are 545 pages. The first 20 pages weren't any help.  Is there a chat room or a number I could call to have someone help me? I am not that savvy with computers. Thank you for your time and effort.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

You need to repost your question in that other forum and wait for a peer to help you out. No one here is using LDT3 so we are not sure what you are talking about and what you need help with.
I searched for you in that forum and this is one of many links that cam eup: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/No-Project-pulldown-menu-only-Map-load/m-p/149210...
Try a search of that forum if the above is not a fix.

LDT3 is NOT supported in Win7 and there is no official fix from Autodesk or anyone else sadly. Any fix you need must comes from some else using your software.
Message 7 of 8
tsaxy2k8

OK LDD3, yep its old.  I'm shocked you got it to actually load on Win 7 Pro, like they said it's not supported anymore. For that purpose Autodesk can't even answer you question becuase they don't support it anymore either. That program came out in 2003 or near there and Autodesk only supports 4 years of new stuff in a general sense.  After that they move on and don't support the old stuff anymore.

Ok So you lost all your program pull down menus.

Check your icon properties on your desktop before opening.  There should be a spot that points you to the program and too the user profile assigned.  "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Land Desktop 2003\acad.exe" /p "<<_Imperial>>"  It should look something like this.  the important part is the stuff in <<>>. That's the profile used when you open Land desktop everytime.  If there is no <<>> then it's using a default profile.  

Default profile check, once the program opens, type OP or Options in the command line. Go to the profiles tab.  What is current?  It should not be ACAD.  It should be LDT or Imperial or something like that. If it's ACAD then switch it to imperial and set that current.  Did the pull down menus come back?  If they did than that's the whole issue.  If they did not, close program, uninstall program. Delete all the folders made by program in all areas, this includes users, program files, program files X86 and program dAta.  Reinstall program.  Basically you had a bad install.

Heidi.

Message 8 of 8
sboon
in reply to: tsaxy2k8

In the older software you could add or change the menus using the MENULOAD command.  Try that - you might have to locate them by searching for .mnc or .mns files.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report