Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure Object Enabler not to run in profile?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Partenheimer
522 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to configure Object Enabler not to run in profile?

I use Object Enabled AutoCAD 2014 in conjunction with Civil 3D 2014. Opening Civil 3D files with OE AutoCAD is very slow on large files. I sometimes lose up to two minutes per drawing. Opening 10 drawings takes 20 minutes. Sometimes I want to make a quick AutoCAD edit unrelated to Civil 3D objects. I'd like to open the file quickly, make the AutoCAD edit and close.

My question is this: Is it possible to open OE AutoCAD without running the Object Enabler? A separate Profile, a startup script, or any other method short of uninstalling the OE?

TIA

Michael Partenheimer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Partenheimer

There may be a registry setting which loads the OE at start-up, which can be flipped to not load prior to launching the application.  I've done it with some other OEs but not Civil3D.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Partenheimer
in reply to: dgorsman

I found an easy solution that works in my situation.

I copied my regular AutoCAD profile and changed the Demand Load ObjectARX settings (on the OPTIONS Open and Save tab) to "disable load on demand". Not everything works but it gets me into a Civil 3D drawing in a hurry.

So now I have two start icons: AutoCAD 2014 and ACAD2014 DEMANDLOAD OFF.

Thanks for the information.

Just out of curiosity... do you recall the name of the key and whether it is treed under HKLM or HKCU?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Partenheimer

HKLM, under AutoDesk there is a section for ObjectDBX, with sub-keys for different versions.  Mostly its a matter of identifying the OE DBX file and searching for it, although Civil3D implements quite a few for its various features (its just a *bit* more complex than most applications).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report