Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 disable communication center

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GizmoJoe
1152 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2012 disable communication center

I am working on the Inventor 2012 deployment images and user setups for our company (30+ seats) and trying to figure out how to disable the communication center/ info center. We don't use it and don't need it and don't like phoning home to Autodesk everytime I open up one of their products.

I was able to find a lot of information on how to shut this off in AutoCAD but cannot find anything on how to shut it off in Inventor. In the past I just did an import of application options from an older version and it disabled this and set it back to the classic interface which also disabled the ribbons but the end users didn't have any choice to of using the ribbons if they wanted them. I would prefer not going that way with the next rollout of Inventor.

If anyone could let me know where this secret setting is that would shut off the communication center/info Center it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gizmo

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello GizmoJoe,

When you are creating the deployment of Inventor 2012, in the product selection page, click Inventor 2012 to configure it. You can customize the Communication Center Options as you need.

However if you use the communication center/info center, you can get much benefits like timely reminder of updates once it's ready for the product.

Below is the configuration page for your reference.

Inventor 2012 Configuration.JPG

Regards,

Helen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report