CAD Managers

CAD Managers

Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 11 of 12 (301 Views)

Re: Important Autodesk Upgrade Policy Change

06-20-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: pendean

I think people are underestimating the problems with running acad remote from some Adesk server.

The attempts I have seen were not even close to the performance of running local.

Plus the problem of no internet connection situations.

There has been no discussion of customization handling, and one could argue that is the main reason we use AutoCad.

On top of that, we have been burned so many times by Autodesk on various things, the LAST thing we want is them in control of our production.

Autodesk can play around, but its all talk until they make major improvements, and can show we have the control needed to run real jobs.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human()
http://onesmallstepforcad.com/

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 12 of 12 (273 Views)

Re: Important Autodesk Upgrade Policy Change

06-21-2012 11:29 AM in reply to: jmaeding

Its not just a matter of setting up servers on the SaaS provider end.  There's the entire infrastructure between them right down to the individual users.  As companies finally start migrating from older XP systems to Win 7 they are also using it as an opportuity for updating their hardware and other IT infrastructure as well.  So it may be a possibility in another couple of years in major population centers for large-scale companies, which are the only ones I can see seeing more than a break-even benefit.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.