Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Firewall Ports used by AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
scottgensemer8984
2533 Views, 4 Replies

Identifying Firewall Ports used by AutoCAD

We are changing our network around and I have a request from our Network people to identify any potential firewall ports that are required for communications with our engineering applications (like AutoCAD) between the client and servers.

We use primarily AutoCAD Electrical and Mechanical. The shared data, projectsfiles/folders, blocks, etc. are on remote file servers. The drawings are open and edited on the servers, not locally. We have multiple users working on a project, so that's why we don't work locally.

Any ideas on how to capture that info?

Or does anybody already know what ports are required? Or if it matters?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

you could try Process monitor from microsoft, and filter the returns by acad.exe

Message 3 of 5

The license manager will use ports 2080 and 27000-27009.

Any online help, ADMS, Vault, or other file serving ports will use ports 21, 80, 443, and 8080.

If you're using Citrix, you need to have ports 7279 and 1494.

You can also set an exception for acad.exe and that should take care of anything else. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5

We do not use Vault here, but from your response AutoCAD Electrical would then be using ports 21, 80, 443, 8080 for it's schematic icon menu, project file changes, etc. when you are working on a project stored on a remote network server?

I did end up finding the license manager port info in the Network License Guide. Are the other ports you mention documented anywhere?

Message 5 of 5

Yes, I got them from the Autodesk support site.  Online help would use port 80, obviously.  Port 443 is generally SSL but used for stand-alone activation.  Port 21 is FTP and 8080 is an alternate for port 80 commonly.  Generally speaking, your ports 80, 443 and possibly 21 will already be open or your Internet won't work. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report