Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take to install Product Design Suite?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1037 Views, 4 Replies

How long should it take to install Product Design Suite?

How long should it take for the average installation of a full install of Product Design suite. Considering the average corporate network, average workstation.

We recently upgraded our users to 2014 Product Design Suite Premium and the experience for some locations was horrible with installations taking 8 - 12 hours just to install the Suite.

I am curious what others have seen and what Autodesk expects.

Thanks you for your input.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

That can be about right.  If you are pushing this as a deployment over the network to many users it can slow down the network.  When you say "different location" are you referring to a physically separate office?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the response and Yes, different locations.

I created multiple deployments at multiple geographic location/offices. The installations would have been running from a local server.
I am trying to determine if what we experienced at one location is within the normal expectations and if not, what the factors in a long install time are.

Todd S.
Design and Drafting Supervisor
Energizer Battery Manufacturing
Phone 440-835-7876

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, retain, or copy this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this email in error please delete and notify the sender.
Message 4 of 5
JamesMaeding

Our install images take about an hour.

We install IDSP  - acad, civil3d, navisworks, Infraworks, raster design and the minor stuff. No recap, no 3dsmax.

If I install everything, its 1.5 hours.

I would not survive if it took 8 hours. Some users here are not gone that long each day 🙂

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 5 of 5
Mistress0fTheDorkness

Installed the 2014 Building Design Suite Premium on my own workstation, and it took 44 minutes. 

At my last office, the same install took 2.5 or 3.5 hours (not counting when it errored out and I had to start over, I'm just talking the start to finish times on the successful runs :lol: ). 

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report