Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Special Circumstances

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
camaro69926
901 Views, 7 Replies

Help Special Circumstances

i have a guy out on a jobsite.  the power on the jobsite went out.  he has access to a laptop.  the problem is that his software is loaded on a machine that is powered by the electricity from the jobsite.  the other problem is that he has loaded his software on a machine here in the office. 

my question is how can i put his software on 3 machines?  he also already has already had the trial version on his laptop.

if i physically go onto his workstation here in the office and take off all of the autocad from that machine will that enable him to register the software on his laptop?

or can i send him someone elses software and he can just do the trial version again on the laptop?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: camaro69926

Load the software as you need.

Use the License Transfer Utility to move the License from one seat to another.

The utility is web based so it should be a simple matter of Exporting from one and Importng to the other.

Message 3 of 8
pendean

So the power is going to be out for more than 30-days (trial length)?

AutoCAD/LT is equippent with a License Transfer Utility: use it.
Windows Start Button>More Programs>AutoCAD>AutoCAD LT>License Transfer Utility.
Message 4 of 8
msierens

thank you i will have him look at license transfer utility.  i thought he had to have access to his computer in order to do that (the computer that is plugged into the jobsite electricity).  i didnt realize he could use the license transfer from his laptop.

he has already loaded the trial version on his laptop and used it for 30 days.  it wont let him use the 30 day trial again on the laptop with the same serial number.

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: msierens

1 trial version per PC: otherwise no one would ever buy a license and just use trial versions all year long.
Message 6 of 8
camaro69926

that is why i was wondering about my second option.  i did not think he could put the trial version on there again.  so i was wondering if i went on his workstation here in the office took everyt;hing off of his computer and unregister his software here and then make his laptop his seccond computer.

Message 7 of 8
jggerth1

I believe the recent version of the license transfer utility require access to the internet -- license is uploaded to adesk, and then downloaded to a differet machine (that has the same ADesk software installed but not licensed)

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

That is the point of the LTU.

Just transfer the License off of the Workstation at the Office and then into the Laptop.

The only thing that needs to be correct is both are registered with the same Serial Number I do believe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report