Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Width of a polyline

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
laceysname
173981 Views, 26 Replies

Global Width of a polyline

I am very much a beginner with AutoCAD and the majority of what I'm doing at the moment is tracing rubbersheeted paper maps with polylines. My problem is that my polyline tool has somehow gotten set to a global width of 1.9 (approx.) and is so wide that I can't see what I'm tracing. I have to change it back to 0 in the properties box, but by then I can't continue drawing the same polyline. Polyline is the only tool set to such a thick global width, lines and arcs seem fine.

So, I want to figure out how to set the global width for polylines back to 0 as a default.

Many thanks,

Lacey
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
ascullion18
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you ! ! !

Message 22 of 27
upyoas
in reply to: dany_rochefort

Wrong. Enter command "pl", then click anywhere for start point. Then enter "w" then "0" then "h" then "0" and lastly click your final point. Your default will change. 

Message 23 of 27
RobDraw
in reply to: upyoas

Upyoas, your SN says that you have nothing constructive to offer.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 24 of 27

This Solution works for me. Thanks a lot

Message 25 of 27
shanik329
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

all my rectangles are thick and solid filled. I have tried to set it to default 0 using PLINEWID to 0.

nothing changes. the only way i can change it, is  individually and  thru properties and change the global width to 0.

but how can i change it back to the default for all future rectangles that i draw

Message 26 of 27
sorenQHKPL
in reply to: C_William_Lee

Thanks, WilliamLee. This will help me a lot in my daily work. I personally prefer to use polylines with a certain global width. Working with the thickness I plot is quite nice! Just untick the "plot object lineweights" when you plot and you'll get some nice and crispy drawings 😉
Message 27 of 27
RobDraw
in reply to: sorenQHKPL

@sorenQHKPL wrote:
Just untick the "plot object lineweights" when you plot and you'll get some nice and crispy drawings 😉

Preferences aside, this has nothing to do with the "crispness" of printed drawings. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report