Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geforce GTX 275 and OPENGL

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1103 Views, 4 Replies

Geforce GTX 275 and OPENGL

We have two machines with Geforce 275 Cards that support opengl. We are running C3D2010. What can we do do enable to opengl here. We are running windows 7, 4 gig ram, quad core 6600. All the driver and other updates have been done. I have high and low over the net with no luck. I cant find the ini or cfg file that determines the option of opengl or d3d. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You might start here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14989920&linkID=9240697

Generally, what you are looking for is to enable hardware acceleration.  You'll want to ensure that you are running the latest WHQL certified driver.  Normally, I would recommend using a QuadroFX series card for this rather than a GeForce card.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

The official answer I got from Auto desk was...

"WE have removed OpenGL from all AutoCAD based products.","

We have gone with Direct3D because it is more stable and reliable than OpenGL.  "

"

Currently in 2010 and 2011 we have removed the opengl option due to stability issues with vendor drivers."

If anyone is able to run opengl it would be nice to know.

Thanks but this is way beyond turning on hardware acceleration.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

This is true with the 2011 product line.  I think the reason for the change is because the orginal lack of support for OpenGL when Vista was released. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Matt.Anderson

Nvidia provides a OpenGL driver for Quadro cards.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report