Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall Blocking Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
warrenandy
644 Views, 2 Replies

Firewall Blocking Help!

I have some users who cannot get to help because of the firewall. I tried it on my machine and here are my results... ACADE 2012 = works fine, ACADE 2013 = Message says blocked by security (unless I go out to Internet Explorer) , ACADM 2012 = Messages says AutoCAD Exchange cannot connect to server, Inventor 2012 = works fine.

It seems I can go to help as long as it does it in IE, but if it try's to go out to the internet through the built in app it will not let it.

Anyone else seen this?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

Is Internet Explorer your default browser?  You might have to make an exception.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
warrenandy
in reply to: warrenandy

Yes it is, but it may be something more system wide. I only have a few users having problems (including me) but now I am getting the pop up to authenticate Proxy Server. So maybe the system is the problem. I run into weird stuff like this every week. A couple weeks ago computers and printers kept losing the DNS...

Thanks

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report