Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwg, dxf AND inventor files viewer in one?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mantena.engineering
2017 Views, 4 Replies

dwg, dxf AND inventor files viewer in one?

Hello

Is there a free to use viewer that allows viewing of both dwg, dxf and such AND inventor files (ipt, iam, ipn, idw)

I just downloaded Naviswork free versjon as a test for work but its completely useless without some sort of add on...

Can`t open any inventor files.. i need a program so that the other people at work can open Autocad/Inventor files and look at them.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Not from Autodesk: DWGTRUEVIEW for DWG file, INVENTOR VIEW for inventor are both free, but separate.

If you wish to purchase software, there are many including AutoVue from Oracle and I believe eDrawings Pro (not the freeware).

Message 3 of 5

Are you saying that autodesk does not have a program to view autocad and inventor files?

Thats a disgrace and hugely annoying.

Do you know where i get the extra stuff to view inventor files in Naviswork?

Message 4 of 5

Radically different programs, so having one viewer do both is a bit of a wasted effort over two individual programs.  Nothing disgraceful about it, same as a boat builder not selling skidoo tracks.

In order to view Inventor content in Navisworks, you can install the Navisworks exporters alongside the Inventor install which will allow the export of NWC files without a Navisworks license; or you can use Navisworks Simulate or Manage to open them directly.  In order to publish to NWD format for Freedom you will require Simulate or Manage.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5

I read between the lines that Naviswork is no go as you have to have inventor installed. This is not for me but for all the others at the workplace.

Given that Inventor can read dwgs and dxf and even make them. And that you can make the umm. document in autocad with Inventor drawings they work fairly well together. Also with factory design suite you can jump between them while working on the same thing.

But no one can view your work, progress or suggestions exept other CAD workers. That doesn`t sound very intuitve, easy or modern.

Another problem with having incomplete solutions is that other companies make viewers and then someone installs that viewer on the server and gets a copy from that viewer into their desktop and voila, drawing is destroyed and lots of work has to be done again. It has happened at our workplace two times now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report