Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

down grading AutoCAD 2015 to 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tedwardspg
511 Views, 2 Replies

down grading AutoCAD 2015 to 2013

I have a client that had AutoCAD 2013 and then they upgraded to 2015. He says he has nothing but problems with 2015 so he wants to go back to 2013. I told hime it was possible but all of his existing tool palettes, some menus etc would have already been upgraded and some may not work or work properly. The Tool palettes would be read only and he would ither need to live with how they currently are cause he would not be able to alter the properties of the tools or they would have to be completely rebuilt. Are there any other things that are going to be a big problem with doing this?

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: tedwardspg

Huh?

They can spend 15-30 minutes to recreate the TPs: ADCENTER command is the perfect tool for that.

And assuming they didn't obliterate all backups they can recover even more of their 2013 setups to reuse too.

PS: they can't go back unless they also bought/have subscription. Now that's a real and not a made up problem.
Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

The only reason CUIx files, toolpalettes, etc. would be upgraded is if they were actually loaded in the new version which doesn't happen with an OOTB installation.  If they were kept separate then nothing was changed.  And as Dean mentions, you can always grab a backup copy (they DO make backups, right?  If not - time to get them started).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report