Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1845 Views, 5 Replies

converting .crd files

Does anyone know of a program other than (now Carlson) CG Survey that will convert .crd files into .asc files. We have a ton of .crd files that need to be converted and doing them one by one will take a long time. Or does anyone know of a way to directly import these .crd files into Land Desktop as points...i've have been in contact with autodesk about this and they still have no solution. Is there a solution? Also, does anyone know of a more compatable data collection DOS based software to use instead of CG Field +?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

mdrabic wrote: > Does anyone know of a program other than (now Carlson) CG Survey that > will convert .crd files into .asc files. We have a ton of .crd files > that need to be converted and doing them one by one will take a long > time. Or does anyone know of a way to directly import these .crd > files into Land Desktop as points...i've have been in contact with > autodesk about this and they still have no solution. Is there a > solution? Also, does anyone know of a more compatable data collection > DOS based software to use instead of CG Field +? Sounds like you and I need to work together, I need someone to test this (and similar) newly created code. Including the ability to select multiple point files (of different flavors including CRD) and generate points inside LDD or Civil3D! A batch converter is also in the works. Email me at dotson[at]dotsoft.com. Terry
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm not familiar with CRD format. could you post a sample so we can look at it? Have you tried creating a format for in using the format manger? Allen "mdrabic" wrote in message news:32997512.1104412890207.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Does anyone know of a program other than (now Carlson) CG Survey that will convert .crd files into .asc files. We have a ton of .crd files that need to be converted and doing them one by one will take a long time. Or does anyone know of a way to directly import these .crd files into Land Desktop as points...i've have been in contact with autodesk about this and they still have no solution. Is there a solution? Also, does anyone know of a more compatable data collection DOS based software to use instead of CG Field +?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, I think this feature is already in Land 2005... but I could be wrong. Maybe it's in Autodesk Survey 2005, the Land add-on. I have a pulldown menu named Carlson Connect and one of the options is to import .CRD files. Take a look at Carlson Connect > Carlson Software > Import Carlson CRD points. This will bring the points into Land as points. HTH, Jeff "mdrabic" wrote in message news:32997512.1104412890207.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Does anyone know of a program other than (now Carlson) CG Survey that will > convert .crd files into .asc files. We have a ton of .crd files that need > to be converted and doing them one by one will take a long time. Or does > anyone know of a way to directly import these .crd files into Land Desktop > as points...i've have been in contact with autodesk about this and they > still have no solution. Is there a solution? Also, does anyone know of a > more compatable data collection DOS based software to use instead of CG > Field +?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Here is a test file...i haven't tried to create a new format for it....not really sure how i could for this format.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Jeff wrote: > I think this feature is already in Land 2005... but I could be wrong. Maybe > it's in Autodesk Survey 2005, the Land add-on. It is in 2005, but not 2004 that "mdrabic" is using. > I have a pulldown menu named Carlson Connect and one of the options is to > import .CRD files. Take a look at Carlson Connect > Carlson Software > > Import Carlson CRD points. This will bring the points into Land as points. I tried that. It reported that it imported 33 points, the ascii file "mdrabic" supplied only has 30. And when you go to the LDT2005 Edit Points dialog all the coordinates are 0 and its a basically a binary mess. Could C&G have had multiple variations of their CRD format? Terry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report