Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D skills testing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jwhal
1036 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D skills testing

I've been tasked with creating a test to assess a potential hiree's skills with Civil 3D 2011. Are there any out there? We had a test for LDT, but I don't know if it would be best to modify it for Civil 3D.

Does anyone know of such a test or have one they'd be willing to share?

Thoughts?

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: jwhal

@jwhal wrote:

I've been tasked with creating a test to assess a potential hiree's skills with Civil 3D 2011. Are there any out there? We had a test for LDT, but I don't know if it would be best to modify it for Civil 3D.

Does anyone know of such a test or have one they'd be willing to share?

Thoughts?

Jon

Have you taken the C3D certification test?

You could model something along those lines.

More info: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_civil_3d_2011_certification_exam_preparation_roadmap.p...

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
jwhal

No, I haven't taken the cert. Not sure if I will. I did find our old LDT exam, and using a new dataset I just mimiced that. So far so good.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I'd add a section on styles.  See if they can create a new one in each of the areas, and if they can get a simple expression in one.  (like adding half a foot for a custom spot elevation).  See if they can modify profile views.  Will they need to use Survey functions?

Styles are the biggest diference twixt LDC & C3d, and one of the hardest things to really master.

Reid

Message 5 of 5
jwhal
in reply to: Anonymous

The deepest I went with styles was simply importing an alignment label set. Very basic stuff for now. I'm the (un)lucky person who sets up the templates and styles around here. Once we fill our vacant positions, I'll get the rest of them tinkering with styles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report