Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Licpath.lic via vbscript

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
AOadmin144
1272 Views, 9 Replies

Change Licpath.lic via vbscript

I have about a dozen autodesk products where I need to change the Licpath.lic.

According to Autodesk ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE will not work with a redundant server setup so I need to replace the licpath.lic on every product.

Does anyone have a vbs script that they could share that copies over a new Licpath.lic file?

I would be using this as a machine script at bootup, not a login script.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: AOadmin144

I recommend never using the redundant model because it does not work as intended and the only redundancy is the amount of work required to implement and keep it running.  Now that I am off my soap box, you can find a suitable solution here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/problem-changing-licencing-servers/td-p/2668660

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
AOadmin144
in reply to: TravisNave

With a mixture of windows 7 and xp I want to avoid the registry. Things are setup with licpath now and I just need code to replace those files
Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Since the file structure will be the same, you could just run a simple DOS batch file to do a copy overwrite from a shared location with the modified LICPATH.LIC to the Autodesk application root folder. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
AOadmin144

If dos would work I would not be posting Windows 7 with the UAC will not allow writing to the c:\program files locations
Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

You need to disable UAC.  It serves no purpose but to make your life miserable.  Definitely doesn't need to be enabled in an enterprise setting.  You have group policies for that.  I never understood why people insist on handicapping themselves and then try to explain ways around the very obstacles they set for themselves.  If you're looking for a method to circumvent UAC, then UAC really isn't serving its purpose.  If you can circumvent it, anyone can.  Just turn it off. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
AOadmin144

We are arguing about a non point here I just need vbs code I figured other cad managers had the code already I will ask in a Microsoft group instead Btw the it department sets UAC, not the cad managers
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

I wish you luck.  I can attest that as part of IT, I would never set UAC on my users.  Perhaps your IT can make an exception for your engineers, or at the very least, in the short term while you enlist your necessary changes.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
AOadmin144

We are probably going to turn it off but again non issue

I want vbs, its more transparent to the users.

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

I can respect that.  The IT guy in me says to just use the login script... but you probably really don't have access to that!  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report