Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAiCE on a 64-Bit OS?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
chelseawoloshyn8263
3226 Views, 10 Replies

CAiCE on a 64-Bit OS?

Does anyone know if CAiCE will run on a Windows XP 64-Bit operating system?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I don't know if it does or not.  But I'd get away from the XP 64 OS as soon as possible.  Win 7 is far more stable, and has many more drivers.

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 11
csa
Explorer
in reply to: chelseawoloshyn8263

i am running it on win 7 64-bit. you can't use a serial hardlock, must be usb or network key because the serial hardlock drivers are not compatible with 64-bit OS.

Message 4 of 11
nsr299
in reply to: csa

How did you get it to install on a 64bit machine?  Our IT guy says when he tries to install it, it says it cannot install because it is not supported on 64bit O/S?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
jnelson1071
in reply to: csa

I would also like to know how this was installed for 64bit Windows 7.  When I go to install, the installer says that I have a invalid OS

Message 6 of 11

Hi just wandering if you could tell me how you installed CAiCE to your 64 bit?  i'm in the same situation right now.  Thanks.  Jake

Message 7 of 11
csa
Explorer
in reply to: mitchellj

try these things and let me know if this works for you or not.

1. first install autocad 2004 \ land desktop 2004 - reboot
  2. copy entire caice installation with service packs to C:\kc.install
  3. right click on setup.exe > properties > compatibility tab > check run as win xp sp3, check run as admin
  4. OK
  5. run setup.exe and install caice to c:\caice - not in program files
  6. install all service packs the same way
  7. last, if you have a computer that has multiple processor cores, you need to set the processor affinity to 1 or 2 processory. caice works best with 1.  google psexec download a place psexec.exe on the root of c:\ and create a batch file with the following string: c:\psexec -a 0 cmd /c "echo.|Caice32.exe"   
  8. set your desktop icon to execute the batch file you created to run the command above.

also, you will need to have a USB or network license lock to use caice with win 7, because I couldn't find dirvers that would work with the parallel lock.  alternatively, you can get a dongle emulator that runs on your computer for a few hundred.

attached image as proof that caice 10.1 w/ sp8 is running on win7 64-bit pro.

Message 8 of 11

Thanks much for the info.  Can i skip the ACAD/LandDesk 2004 installation?  Instead, I'm also running Autocad/Civil3D 2012.  

Message 9 of 11
csa
Explorer
in reply to: mitchellj

if you are using caice 10 or 10.1 you need to install acad 2004 first because there are some files that are shared and caice will freak out.  i found this out the hard way and it took forever for me to debug the issue.

you can have both 2004 and civil 3d 2012 installed on the same system. just make sure that your dwg file associatioins don't switch to 2004 after the install. if so, you can change them back inthe control panel.

Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the instructions. I have installed CAiCE, but when I run it I get the popup window "Authorize Specific Products" there is nothing in the list??? Any thoughts. Thanks

Message 11 of 11
kbiggs
in reply to: james.meredith

As you know Caice is no longer supported by Autodesk. However, Autodesk will provide authorization codes for licensed Caice installations. Our IT department uses the following installation system, which works, for installing Caice on a Win 7 x64 o/s. Not sure if you are able to download the previous versions noted below. We had done this before Caice support was dropped, you will have to try to download these files if you do not have them already.

Network versions of Caice will not install on Win 7 x64, you will have to install the standalone version:

# 1Installl 10.0 CAiCESP5FULL standalone installation

#2 Make sure you have a client ID and a proper serial number

-          You will need a 5 digit Client ID for the last validation step (validate.exe) and an 8 digit serial number to do the initial installation (setup.exe)

-          If you have a longer 10.1 serial number I am assuming Autodesk will provide you with a 10.0 serial number which has 8 alphanumeric digits

#3 Install the Program

-          First, there is a subfolder in the installation directory called SUPPORT\SENTINEL that has an old RainbowSentinel.exe driver install, rename this file so it doesn’t get used

-          Second, run the setup.exe (run as administrator), we do a full custom install

#4 Update the Service Packs

-          These are downloaded from the regular Autodesk site, you need four service packs for 10.0SP5 - 6A,7,8,8hotfix

-          Right-click each SP exe and select run as administrator otherwise it will fail

#5 Find the VALIDATE.EXE program in the SUPPORT\SENTINEL folder described above

-          Run the Validate program, record Machine Identifier, repeat for other computers

-          Email tech support (or create a support request) and send the client ID along with all machine identifiers

-          You should get back an email with a 20 –digit activation code for each computer

-          Run the Validate program again (very important to right-click and run as admin) and fill in the user name and company name and the 20-digit activation code

-          When you click OK it will tell you the process will take a minute and you should see a tiny activation window and then an error message that it couldn’t activate referencing CAiCE version 6, this is normal

-          Run CAiCE once as administrator to allow some registry settings to be created

-          Run CAiCE normally, it should work this time

Keith Biggs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report