Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAiCE 10 How to set network license on client

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mark0101
1877 Views, 7 Replies

CAiCE 10 How to set network license on client

I am doing a manual install of CAiCE 10.0, but at no point during the setup does it have a place to enter a network license.

When I try to run the program it gives this error:

Problem from Hardware Lock
The system device driver was not installed!
Please verify that the device driver is properly loaded

I have the license setup on a server with Autodesk LMTOOLS; I just to know how to enter that information on the client computer. I assume I need to enter the Server name and MAC address somewhere? Possibly an Environment Variable or Registry entries?

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Win7 64bit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: mark0101

It sounds as though it is looking for the hardware lock rather than the license server.  Did you install it correctly?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
donhill99
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, i have run into a problem with the CAiCE 10.0 software similar to the other user's problem. I install the software and I ran the validate .exe and i have the code from autodesk to enter. My problem is once I launch the program i get a "Problem from Hardware Lock, the system device driver was not installed!!! Please verify that the device drive is properly loaded.. Program terminated." message. At no point during the install did it present me with any options for this, This computer is remote, is it supposed to have a hardware lock? The is for a Windows 7 64bit computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: donhill99

yes its very possible this software requires a hardlock to be inserted into the computer

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
GTVic
in reply to: donhill99

CAiCE has two install packages, one is for network license and internet activation which some people have had difficulty with. Personally I have seen that install work for a network license server install but was unable to test the license server as working. The internet activation, similar to AutoCAD's seems to be based on old activation method and is no longer supported.

The only setup that does work is one that is designed for a parallel or usb security dongle. The setup doesn't prompt for anything but if you have a usb/parallel dongle and dongle driver then CAiCE should run after the install. If you don't have a dongle Autodesk support can provide a software activation bypass which uses the VALIDATE.EXE program.

If you do the VALIDATE procedure properly then you will not get the hardware lock prompt. VALIDATE.EXE should be in the same location as caice32.exe and you should run it as administrator. It should return an error about the version of caice being incorrect but no other errors.

The software driver probably didn't install as it is not supported under 64-bit. You could install a newer Sentinel driver but then you would get a "dongle missing" error instead of the "dongle driver missing" error. So the hardware lock and the driver for it are not really relevant. Just redo the VALIDATE properly. My guess is that someone on Autodesk's end or your end typed in the serial number or activation code incorrectly.

Message 6 of 8
GTVic
in reply to: GTVic

Getting CAiCE to run properly is another headache:

1. install the WinHelp support: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91
  2. install the full DX9 package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
  3. install CAiCE 10 up to service pack 8 hotfix 1
  4. HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\VBA\Security\LoadControlsInForms=1(dword) if using Office 2010 or newer to avoid VBA security prompts
  5. set caice32.exe to run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode
  6. start caice32.exe assigned to the first CPU, see attached CMD file, run CMD file as administrator due to #5
  7. don't interrupt caice while it is loading as it may freeze, but with #5/#6 done properly you should be able to switch applications while CAiCE is running or processing.

Cheers

Message 7 of 8
mark0101

I do not have a validate .exe in the install folder (I am told it should be in the same folder as caice32.exe). Could anyone post it for me?

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
GTVic

Autodesk should be supplying you with a file called 10.0SP5FULL.ZIP, VALIDATE.EXE is located in the SUPPORT\SENTINEL folder inside.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report