Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Mgr Control Utility & Windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
walkermacy
788 Views, 1 Reply

CAD Mgr Control Utility & Windows 7

I've installed the CAD Manager Control utility from the AutoCAD 2010 DVD on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I have AutoCAD 2008 & 2010 installed on this machine. when i run the CMCU, it gives an error announcing "No Autodesk-based product key in registry." any ideas on how to fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BryGuy-AK
in reply to: walkermacy

I ran into the exact same problem, just this morning.  I have Win 7 (64bit), popped in the Civil 3D 2010 disk, and installed the CMCU.  Got the same error.   So, it seems the CMCU on the 2010 disk is for 32bit only.

Where I work we have various Autodesk products, I grabbed AutoCAD Architecture box, which includes a specific 64bit version install disk.  Popped it in, installed the CMCU tool from it, and the application works.

So . . .  See if you can acquire a 64bit CD install.  Don’t know if the download will include the tools.

Autodesk should simply post all their add-on utilities in a library (subscription) for us to use.  So much tucked away in odd places.  Anyway, don’t want to rant on.  J  Good Luck.

------------------------------
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." (Futurama)

Brian Lewis
CAD Manager, Civil Designer
www.uskh.com

AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Civil 3D, AutoCAD MEP
Revit Architecture, Revit Structural, Revit MEP
(versions 2008-2011)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report