CAD Managers

CAD Managers

simonbanyard
Message 1 of 3 (1,005 Views)

CAD Manager Control Utility not running

1005 Views, 2 Replies
02-27-2012 09:29 AM

Hi all,

I've searched the forums looking for a solution for my issue without any luck. I have the CAD Manager Control Utility installed from the Building Design Suite Premier (ACAD, 3ds max and Revit installed) and when I launch it the software returns the following;

"No Autodesk-based product key in registry. Please use the CAD Manager Control Utility on a computer containing the Autodesk-based product you wish to modify."

I found this link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13158781&linkID=9240858 but it seems to be specifically to fix a problem with Civil 2010.

Any ideas for a solution or help would be much appreciated.

(OS: Win 7 x64)

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (984 Views)

Re: CAD Manager Control Utility not running

02-28-2012 10:25 AM in reply to: simonbanyard

Have you actually tried the instructions in that link?  It looks as though it's just xml pointers. Even if it doesn't work, you should be able to modify them to fit your current needs, I would think. 

Distinguished Contributor
Brausmith
Message 3 of 3 (927 Views)

Re: CAD Manager Control Utility not running

03-22-2012 07:27 PM in reply to: simonbanyard

I just installed the utility and am getting the exact same message. This is despite having the Building Design Suite Ultimate installed with a valid serial.

I followed the link in the original post and checked the registry for the presence of the serial numbers and they are there.

Regards,
Chad
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.