Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Manager Control Utility not running

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
simonbanyard
2221 Views, 3 Replies

CAD Manager Control Utility not running

Hi all,

I've searched the forums looking for a solution for my issue without any luck. I have the CAD Manager Control Utility installed from the Building Design Suite Premier (ACAD, 3ds max and Revit installed) and when I launch it the software returns the following;

"No Autodesk-based product key in registry. Please use the CAD Manager Control Utility on a computer containing the Autodesk-based product you wish to modify."

I found this link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13158781&linkID=9240858 but it seems to be specifically to fix a problem with Civil 2010.

Any ideas for a solution or help would be much appreciated.

(OS: Win 7 x64)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: simonbanyard

Have you actually tried the instructions in that link?  It looks as though it's just xml pointers. Even if it doesn't work, you should be able to modify them to fit your current needs, I would think. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Chad-Smith
in reply to: simonbanyard

I just installed the utility and am getting the exact same message. This is despite having the Building Design Suite Ultimate installed with a valid serial.

I followed the link in the original post and checked the registry for the presence of the serial numbers and they are there.

Message 4 of 5
dguo2000
in reply to: Chad-Smith

I download the AutoCAD_2-17_English_Win_32_64bit_Trial_en-us_Setup.exe and run the installation but when I open to run it, it said:

"No Autodesk-based product key in registry. Please use the CAD Manager Control Utility on a computer containing the Autodesk-based product you wish to modify."

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

David

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dguo2000

Install your 2017 software with this method, your random method where you let Autodesk guess whether you need 32bit or 64bit version is not the way https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/download-previous-versions...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report