Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
695 Views, 6 Replies

CAD Interview / Test

Any ideas on the best way to conduct a CAD interview for a position we have coming open? I need to be able to have something to go by besides what they tell me during the interview. Are there any CAD tests or sample drawings that you use? Any help is appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good long post below started on the 23rd. 
Check it out, lot's of helpful stuff there.

--
Andy Rollins
CAD Manager
Jones
& Beach Engineers, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

search jan 29 in this newsgroup--lots of opinions here.
my personal test would be to open up a recent ADT 3.3 or Revit 5.0 model and see if the interview--ee can edit it, understand it, or has he/she ever even used such software?
The way I see it, AutoCad is on the way out--Revit is the future. If a recent grad, or even a so-called experienced cadd operator can't use model-based cadd, then I would strongly suggest to them to catch up. Time is flying by.
Just my thoughts.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Good to see the Revit disciples playing nice in the adesk groups. Welcome to
the darkside....

--
James Wedding
IT Manager
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
jwedding@*NOSPAM*jones-boyd.com
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Am a long-time ADT user as well--only beginning to become a "Revit desciple" very recently. Comment is made from an experienced opinion only--not everyone may agree, but chances are not too many have given Revit a serious chance--or ADT for that matter. Just my 2 cents worth.
cbc
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Right on
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

There is a standard AutoCAD multiple choice exam that can be easily found on the internet using "AUTOCAD EXAM" as key words of a search. Using questions from this source, the members of our CAD group put together a test for our office. A trial run on our current employees did accuratly identify those with weaker CAD skills. Hope this helps - good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report