CAD Managers

marcosbav
Message 1 of 2 (466 Views)

block editor crash

466 Views, 1 Replies
06-12-2012 01:32 PM

Hi

I went into the Block editor to changea block I use fairly often.when i closed the editor, everything was gone. When I've tried opening the "crashed" dwg I get a dialog box that says: .dwg "contains authoring elements. Open in block editor?" Then in the editor for the block name it says <current drawing>, if I close the editor and save the change I have a drawing with one block. If I don't save the change coming out of the editor, it closes the drawing.

using the recover tool, it repair over 4000 errors, but at the and I only have the same drawning with only one block.

Have y'all ever seen anything like this before?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 2 (450 Views)

Re: block editor crash

06-14-2012 12:04 PM in reply to: marcosbav

Yes and there is a fix for that. Search for your Version here:

Block Editor Save Corruption Hotfix

I know that AutoCAD and LT have had this problem.

Some more from the KB:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/u/bsearch/results?qt=Block+Editor+Crash&siteID=123112&catID=182...

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.