Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Icon display problem, etc.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
529 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Icon display problem, etc.

I've installed Civil3D and am having some problems with the icons for the ribbons not showing up when I copy the menu from the default install location on the C: drive to the network.  Once I do that and call up the menu from it's new location, everything works fine.  But if I simply "rename" that same menu in it's new location and call it up, some of the icons don't show up.

I haven't altered the menu in any way, or pathed anything differently.  Just simply renamed it.

And one other issue is:

Does anyone know how to change the icons on the bottom of the screen to show them in "TEXT" description, instead of the symbol icon?  You used to be able to right click on any of them and click off the "Use Icons" setting.  That doesn't seem to be there now.

I've attached a PDF with screen shots of everything I'm talking about.

Thx!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
r_baker11
in reply to: Anonymous

Check that all your icons are stored in the same directory. This often happens if an icon is modified & stored away from the usual directory

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

All I did was rename the menu. If I leave it as "C3D.cuix", everything is fine. Simply renaming it "C3DSentio.cuix" causes the icon display problem. I haven't pathed anything differently, or moved any bitmaps around. That's what is so strange. Somehow the simple "name" of the cuix file is causing problems with icons. It's as if something to do with the bitmaps is linked to the actual name of the .cuix file. But that's goofy.

My worst case scenario is to simply leave the menu file named as is, but that doesn't seem like a good solution. I want it named differently to make sure nobody overwrites it with generic one from the install.

Doug Cassidy
doug.cassidy@sentio.ca
Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

doug.cassidy wrote:

Does anyone know how to change the icons on the bottom of the screen to show them in "TEXT" description, instead of the symbol icon?

Yes. The answer is you can't.

Autodesk decided to remove that option for us.

Complain about it here and maybe we can get it back in 2016.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

doug.cassidy wrote:
All I did was rename the menu. If I leave it as "C3D.cuix", everything is fine. Simply renaming it "C3DSentio.cuix" causes the icon display problem.

I have not tested this, but I *think* the DLL file has to be named the same as the CUIX file.

IOW, copy %appdata%\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\C3D.dll to C3DSentio.DLL and give that a try.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. I guess us old guys in the office will have to memorize, or continuously hover over the icon to see which one it is now. Can't imagine the logic behind Autocad on that one.

Thanks again for your response.

Doug Cassidy
doug.cassidy@sentio.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report