Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD file converted to Microstation, why can't I get rid of the "0" layer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chadmart
1201 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD file converted to Microstation, why can't I get rid of the "0" layer?

I have an AutoCAD file that I converted to Microstation. In that file are the two layers that AutoCAD can't live without, "Defpoints" and "0". When I convert I use the standards checker to move anything that might have been on those levels onto other levels. At this point I can compress the drawing. The "Defpoints" level goes away by the "0" level remains. In the level manager it doesn't have a dot under the "used" column. When I try to manually delete it, it states "Cannot delete Default Level". I know that Microstation doesn't require the "0" level like AutoCAD does because I have other drawings that do not have it that were created in Microstation. Any clues how to get rid of it? The client doesn't like these non-standard levels in the drawings.

P.S. I know that this is an AutoCAD forum and this is really a Microstation question, but I think it is relevent enough to still be asked here. Plus, I don't know any MS boards that are as good as this ACAD board. Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth1
in reply to: chadmart

At a guess, there are block definitions in the drawing that were created on the 0 layer.  so although no objects are on the layer, it's part of the block/cell definition.  damifino how to go about resolving that on the uStn side.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report