Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Educational Version

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
riznasp
1389 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad Educational Version

Dear All,

We just realized that most of our file are converted to Autocad Educational Version. As 90% of the technical guys use 2014 with SP1 and what i came to know that 2014 version will not give you the warning message when we try to open it. So we work on a file without realizing that its an Educational Version file and at it spreads out to all the other files in the projects when we copy something. We use only commercial version in our office.

Do you guys have any suggestions to fix all this files as a batch. Because of i have hundreds of files affected with the same problem.

Thanks & Regards

Riznas

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
riznasp
in reply to: riznasp

Guys,

Dont you have any idea about a solution for my problem?

Riznas

Message 3 of 10
abubakars

Can you upload here a sample drawing which has the issue?.

Message 4 of 10

I have heard people say in the past, that you can contact your Autodesk Authorized Reseller, and they can batch fix these files for you.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 10
pendean

I think most of us are wondering why you didn't just Google Search the solution that's not been a secret for a decade 😉
Message 6 of 10
rkmcswain

If the drawings are staying internal, get everyone up to 2014 SP1 and the plot stamp will not appear, as confirmed by an Autodesk employee, here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 10

Hi,

I contacted the autodesk authorised centre. But instead of giving a solution they were directing me to autodesk webpage where it says samething what you all are saying and i knew that all before.

Thanks

Riznas

Message 8 of 10
riznasp
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I had gone through all sort of search but i couldn't find a solution to do it as a batch anywhere. I know how to convert the files by using dxfout/in command. But the problem comes when we have hundreds of files. 

Thanks

Riznas

Message 9 of 10
abubakars

Riznas,

If you do not have 2014 with sp1 then try with BatchInEditor or BatchInDatabase to first export your files into DXF then using DXF2DWG convert them back to DWG, I know it is not a straight forward solution but will help you to get want you wanted.

The tools are available to download from Autodesk Exchange Apps.

DXF2DWG CONVERSION.JPG

BID_Export-DXF.JPG

Message 10 of 10
riznasp
in reply to: abubakars

Thats Great. This is something i'm looking for.

Thanks a lot.

Riznas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report