Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD coming to iPad, iPhone, returning to Mac‎

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pendean
1320 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD coming to iPad, iPhone, returning to Mac‎

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

It will be interesting to see if they can overcome the beaurcratic momentum of the current level of investment in Windows technologies.  I have a hard time seeing companies spending the kind of money to rebuild their entire system after years of investing in it.

Theres enough complaints about interoperability between AutoDesk products on the same OS - whats that going to be like between different products on *different* OS's?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
J.A.Mounteer
in reply to: dgorsman

Drat.. CAD forums were the one refuge I'd had from the stupid mac vs PC debate over the last decade.

In statements like this what's not said is always as important as what IS said.  So far it's just vanilla AutoCAD that's been announced, nothing about verticals.   My current thought is that the verts may be a few years in coming yet, if ever. 

The iPhone/ iPod Touch integration seems silly/ gimmicky, though.  What are you going to be editing in the field on such a small screen IF you can open the drawings up at all?  (Good luck w/ some of the vanilla drawings I've seen at 12meg or better.)  iPad, ok, understandable.  I started on a 15" screen, no reason it can't work in the field for quick things other than the glare/ sunlight shutdown problems of the iPad itself.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Message 5 of 5
namssurt

How about doing it for the android? By this time next year based on the current pace of sales, the android phones will be starting to outnumber the iphones, plus they multitask, plus android tablets are in development by many companies.

jg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report