Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audodesk license server doesn't process licenses correctly?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dfadminman
281 Views, 5 Replies

Audodesk license server doesn't process licenses correctly?

Hello, I am having a problem with my license server. For some reason I always get an error message that says, "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager". The Error code is [-4.132.0]. When I look at the status on LMTOOLS, I notice there is a lot of un-used loicenses so I figured not enough licenses could not be the issue. This has been happening quite frequently now. The only trick that does it is to restart the server. Does anybody know why does this happen? is there a way to premanently eliminate this problem? Is there a way to restart LMTOOLS without shutting down the server? thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: dfadminman

-4 error means "Licensed number of users already reached."

What kinds of products are we talking about here?  AutoCAD?
How many? After you restart, how many licenses can be obtained before the -4 error starts appearing?

You might also try posting this in the Installation and Licensing forum.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
dfadminman
in reply to: rkmcswain

Inventor professional 2015. I have a total of 8 licenses. 2 for each year from 2012 until 2015. It starts to appear in the worning when everybody starts work. Something goes on over night i guess. All licenses could be obtained once i restart it. 

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

Firewall enabled?  Disable on server and workstations, or use the Firewall port.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 6
dfadminman
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I tried disabling the firewall, still has the same problem

Message 6 of 6
rkmcswain

dfadminman wrote:

Inventor professional 2015. I have a total of 8 licenses. 2 for each year from 2012 until 2015.

8 separate licenses? If you are on subscription and have upgraded 2 licenses from 2012->2013->2014->2015, then you would only have those 2 licenses not 8.

Go here to check your LIC file to make sure it IS what you think it IS.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report