Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone try Windows 8 Developer preview?

67 REPLIES 67
Message 1 of 68
pendean
22828 Views, 67 Replies

Anyone try Windows 8 Developer preview?

Or have plans to try the public Beta of Windows 8 to be released soon?

I had greate success with the Win7 beta and wondering if Windows8 will be the same experience.

67 REPLIES 67
Message 61 of 68
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

here is a link to the 90 day trial of windows 8: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/hh699156.aspx?ocid=wc-nl-insider

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 62 of 68
pendean
in reply to: pendean

upFront.eZine NEWS #751: If you run AutoCAD 2013 in Windows 8 already, it might run better with the maintenance patch described at updatesdl.autodes... . Reader TC from Indiana USA reports, "AutoCAD runs smoothly on Win8 build 8400 after installing the 2013 Maintenance update."

Message 63 of 68
makcad12
in reply to: TravisNave

Gentlemen,

Anyone tried to install and run without problems AutoCAD 2013 on Windows 8.

And Happy New 2013 to Everyone!

Message 64 of 68
DarrenP
in reply to: makcad12

try searching windows 8 on these forums and you will get your answer

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 65 of 68
jakub.kolar

Hi, I have tried to install AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 8 but there is trouble with ".NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack " .

You wrote that I should delete all DOTNET from prerequisities from setup.ini , but I don´t know how to. Could you help me ?

By the way I have got the same problem with Inventor 2013.

Could you please write me, how to change these *.ini files ?  I wolud be really very pleased. I have been sloving this problem for ages. Thank you.

Message 66 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: jakub.kolar

This is an old post, but I have both written instructions and video here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 67 of 68
Mikemen1978

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this program up and running?  I am running Windows 8.1 and when I try to install a compatibility issue screen pops up and asks me if i want to continue or search online for a fix. Neither have a positive end result.  Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated

Message 68 of 68
DarrenP
in reply to: Mikemen1978

there are several threads on windows 8.1 already

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=windows+8.1&search_submi...

some have gotten it to work and some haven't

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report