Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone try Windows 8 Developer preview?

67 REPLIES 67
Message 1 of 68
pendean
22831 Views, 67 Replies

Anyone try Windows 8 Developer preview?

Or have plans to try the public Beta of Windows 8 to be released soon?

I had greate success with the Win7 beta and wondering if Windows8 will be the same experience.

67 REPLIES 67
Message 21 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: kienduday

What is your video card and driver?  Does AutoCAD fail to run after this error?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 68
kienduday
in reply to: TravisNave

My card is Radeon HD 6770 , Driver on web of ATi was update date new version . I was use on win 7 , not erro ...

If click Ok erro , it dis to windows 😞

Message 23 of 68
kienduday

Ah , I know reasons, this is driver graphic card of win 8 . I was reinstall driver on ATi's web, it work , but after update driver on win 8 , it erro 🙂

Message 24 of 68
TravisNave

Excellent.  That's kinda what I figured was the problem.  I am not a fan of ATI drivers at all. 

ATI = Always Trashes Inventor.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 25 of 68
kienduday

When will Autodesk 2013 be release ? Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: pendean

You know we're not allowed to tell. 😉

Soon!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 27 of 68
kienduday

Just tell me a little bit ,ok ! he he ;))

Message 28 of 68
pendean

After R2009 upgrade window/period dies (currently slated for March 15): historically that's been the case, not sure they plan on changing.

This was tweeted yesterday, no mention of Win8 of course:

Lynn_Allen #AutoCAD 2013 System Requirements http://t.co/D6Dmw6nu (http://inventortopix.blogspot.in/2012/03/autocad-2013-system-requirements.html)

Message 29 of 68
kienduday

Waiting Waiting ... 🙂

But why not support Win8 and Framework 4.5 😞

Message 30 of 68
b.polisuk

With all due respect, your fix doesn't work.

First, I should tell you that I have Windows 8 and Autocad 2012 with a downloaded zip file from Autodesk.

Second, my error message is for the .net frameowork, which I assume is because 4.5 is part of the new operating system and it won't allow any installation of 4.0.  I tried installing 4. directly from Microsoft, but that wasn't allowed either.

This is what I did:

1. I deleted all the dot 4 references. That didn't work.

2. I replaced your setup.ini file that you provided in the thread with the original, but that didn't work.

3. After I realized that when the program is unzipping, it replaces the setup.ini file that I changed back to the original one, so I waited until it stopped unzipping to replace it.  That didn't work.

Are there two setup.ini files?

But I doubt that is the problem.  I am getting the setup.ini file in the main folder of the Archicad file.  It is right under the setup.exe file.

4.  I  tried using every compatibility settings going back to XP.  That didn't work.

Lastly, I have played with turning on and off the .net framework programs, but that doesn't worh either.

Message 31 of 68
TravisNave
in reply to: b.polisuk

Respectfully, it does work as I have done it as well as others using this method.  Please understand that Windows 8 is in beta and is not a supported OS for Autodesk products.  If this process did not work for you, perhaps there are other details that are preventing you from installing the software or you are missing a key step in the process.  There is no guarantee that the application will install.  I am simply providing the method that worked for me after many trials.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 32 of 68
dgorsman

The words "Developer preview" in the actual title not enough of a clue??

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 33 of 68
b.polisuk

After fiddling with it some more and editing parts of the setup.ini code that were creating some problems, I did get it to install.

Unforunately, Autocad seems really buggy and unstable in the new OS, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I'm sorry if I jumped the gun earlier, because your fix does work with a couple adjustments.

Message 34 of 68
TravisNave

No hard feelings - we're all here to help each other. I'm sure Autodesk will approve Windows 8 for a future release and these problems will be a thing of the past.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 35 of 68

FYI, just tried on the Windows 8 Release Preview and was able to use the original steps to install both  Civil3D 2012 succesfully (content server for C3D didn't install but I don't use it anyway).

Civil3D 2013 installed without any problems.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 36 of 68
pendean
in reply to: michael.robertson

Nice: I'm about to try the same this weekend with R2013.

Message 37 of 68
DarrenP

the question is will the autodesk products be wrtten for the metro ui

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 38 of 68
pendean
in reply to: DarrenP

Message 39 of 68
DarrenP

i hope it does

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 40 of 68
michael.robertson

It's not getting pulled, the Release Preview is pretty much what is coming out later this year to manufacturing. I didn't like it at first but as I've used it I've become used to it and they've made many changes in the Release Preview that weren't in the Developer & Consumer previews.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report