Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one use Lotus Notes... any video issues? Best place to post this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
649 Views, 2 Replies

Any one use Lotus Notes... any video issues? Best place to post this?

Is anyone running Lotus Notes... do you have any video issues? Is this the best place to post this?

I am now thinking the issue might be caused in some way by Lotus Notes???... history below >>>
We have found that using 3gb flag allows us to run with fewer memory errors and plotting and working with larger drawings... etc...
For some time now (nearly a year - since I came to company) I've been working on a video issue we are facing. I've done a lot of research, read a lot of material, and tried a number of boot settings including /pae /userva, video, 3dconfig and hardware acceleration settings, page file adjustments, several new video cards and drivers. The issue is, I suppose you'd call it, intermittent loss of a screen refreshes... on occasion the screen regardless of the application with the current focus will fail to refresh... among behaviors I've thought to be related and have identified are the following:

Screen refreshing or repainting fails to update (drag & drop dialog box repaints the image in its path - see attached digital image).
When AutoCAD has crashed - normally the AutoCAD GUI goes away... but with the 3gb switch the AutoCAD screen stays up (display doesn't update - user doesn't see immediate notice to realize the crash)
Windows clipboard content only partially saved.. not all its intended content is pasted.
Area select effects in AutoCAD... square (blue & green) areas are left on the screen and don't go away.
AutoCAD (or other app) outside GUI (tool bars, outer window frame objects) shows but drawing editor window or inside area is filled in with other application open underneath it.
Items on the windows task bar have been know to remain without refresh until user clicks on, or passes mouse over.
Some AutoCAD larger dialog boxes such as Layer Manager text in rows don't line up across columns.

We run XP 32 bit on Dell Precision T7500 machines with a full 4GB - and Nvidea 1700 or 1800 512 - 768MB cards.
Dual dell flat screen monitors 19 or 20 - 24 monitors
Applications: AutoCAD MEP 2009 with QuickPen pipe and duct designer. Lotus Notes for e-mail app.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wundrlik
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Good morning...

We use Lotus Notes (8.5), and have very few video issues. We have two machines that exhibit the same problems you have. On of them is running a 3d Labs Wildcat card, and the other is running ATI graphics. Most of our machines are running nVidia Quadro FX 1400, and have shown no issues when updated to the current driver (or in most of our cases the driver 6.14.11.8267 - 5/12/2009). We are also using WinXP 32 sp3, and all our machines are 3GB.

What version of notes are you running? Have you updated your Java to the most current version (Lotus uses Java extensively). Have you also played with the display settings (System Properties => Advanced tab => Visual performance settings button)?

HTH,

Ryan A Wunderlich
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Ryan A Wunderlich
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Have you tried turning off the /3gb switch? It may not be your specific
problem, but thre reason it isn't default is because it can cause video
problems.

wundrlik wrote:
> Good morning...
>
> We use Lotus Notes (8.5), and have very few video issues. We have two machines that exhibit the same problems you have. On of them is running a 3d Labs Wildcat card, and the other is running ATI graphics. Most of our machines are running nVidia Quadro FX 1400, and have shown no issues when updated to the current driver (or in most of our cases the driver 6.14.11.8267 - 5/12/2009). We are also using WinXP 32 sp3, and all our machines are 3GB.
>
> What version of notes are you running? Have you updated your Java to the most current version (Lotus uses Java extensively). Have you also played with the display settings (System Properties => Advanced tab => Visual performance settings button)?
>
> HTH,
>
> Ryan A Wunderlich
> Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report