Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative to non-Annotative DWG

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
pendean
2916 Views, 15 Replies

Annotative to non-Annotative DWG

Anyone have a fix? I have a consultant using R2012 that's not using any Annotative features: we are.

We send him files, he sets CANNOSCALE to 1:1 for his needs, all our blocks/text/dimensions/mleaders etc. shrink down.

- SAVEFIDELITY is not applicable here.

- -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD is no go, he has R2012 remember.

- DXFOUT is no go either, no matter how far you save down.

- BEDIT each block would take forever. Text and dimstyles a little easier but still manual.

- PROPERTIES doesn't cut it with blocks.

- CHANGE command>Properties>Annotative doesn't really work either.

Since there is no roundtrip need with those files, I wrote a quick and dirty lisp to BURST all the blocks (and reset the styles) for him then purged the files. But one day I guess I will need to do it better.

Open to ideas that work for you.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: pendean

Who is working for who here?

Looking at this from a management standpoint, rather than technical....

Can't the "boss" firm set the rules (contract terms) and make the other party adhere to the these standards?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 16
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sadly, we are under separate contracts to separate clients on a single project: we are being "nice" about sharing in anticipation of a bigger future project.

Message 4 of 16
KateMorricalTowne

If he's not using annotative objects, why does he care what CANNOSCALE is? If he just leaves it alone it should be all right, shouldn't it?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 5 of 16
pendean
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

That's the challenge: they XREF our files into theirs, and they set CANNOSCALE to 1:1 in the top file. All our blocks shrink by default. I suggested the same thing but they seem to rigid in the office drafting standards (and rightly so of course).

Message 6 of 16
DaveT4287

Any answer in how to change a Associative block to Non-Associative?  I have a similar circumstance and the only thing I can think of is to replace all 100+ blocks.

Message 7 of 16
abubakars
in reply to: DaveT4287

Are you still looking for a solution to change Annotative block to Non-Annotative without exploding or replacing the blocks?

I have a solution using BatchInDatabase tool wihich is being updated now and  is it  possible to give me a sample file to check?, if so that would be great.

Toggle Annotative.PNG

Message 8 of 16
DaveT4287
in reply to: abubakars

Here you go.  It has a series of Annotative blocks connected to each other.

Message 9 of 16
abubakars

I have attached the result drawing and batch status, Could you please check and let me know the  comments?

Message 10 of 16
DaveT4287

some good and some bad.  I'm going to reattach the file because there was some cad junk on it.  Look for the magenta block lines come off the UD line at 90 degree angles.  The UD is an underdrain with a stormline attached at 90 defrees, with an existing inlet at the other end.

Message 11 of 16
abubakars

Attached the result based on your new file,. There are 7 Annotative blocks exist in your file and I added the option to process all blocks and the command has succusfully converted all Annotative blocks to Non-Annotative

I havea added screen shot of your original file andlprocessed file and the resulted drawing looks same.

Message 12 of 16
DaveT4287

The results your getting are good.  The problem, and I've been dealing with this since taking over from the previous Cad Tech who started this, is those Magenta dashed storm pipes.  When you change the annotation scale they shoot across the model to someplace else and the length changes.  Other than that the results your getting are good.

Message 13 of 16
abubakars

Dave

Thanks for your response and I have added new command to convert all dynamic block to static block as well just in case you are sending out but do not want to send them as dynamic block.

I have  working app which  is ready with those new  commands and let me know your mail id if you are interested now, I will make them available to all through Exchange store once I have added all new commands which are requested by many users and update on some of the existing  commands

it is almost 10.30 pm in middlee east  , I will respond you tomorrow in case you need some more information on this.

Regards,

Abubakars

Message 14 of 16

Hi there, I tried the batch on my file but didn`t change anything? Can you find out what the problem is here?

I am trying to change my annotative blocks to non-annotative here.

Message 15 of 16
rpeck

Have you considered EXPORTLAYOUT? It seems to strip annotative-ness elements, but then geometry is scaled down accordingly. If they are using these as XREFs there would be and extra step to get the geometry back up to "real".

Message 16 of 16
John.Burrill

Hey, I know this was an old post, but I wanted to suggest setting the ANNOTATIVEDWG variable to zero in each of your block files.

Make an Entire DWG Annotative - The CAD Geek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report