Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
wyrdwun
1063 Views, 11 Replies

Altiva CADconform

Hoping someone can help me. I currently have a major headache to contend with - I have over 12k dwgs that have been drawn to varying standards (or lack thereof) over the last decade that need to be broght into the present with the National CAD Standards, etc. In lookingfor a CAD Stds software I came across the Altiva CADConform website. Has anyone used this particular program? Maybe have suggestions for other software/programs that work better? Any and all opinions and suggestions are fully appreciated in advance. Thanks everyone.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dxarhoulakos
in reply to: wyrdwun

I would be interested to hear what anyone has to say about CAD Conform.

I saw there booth at AU, and they've been bugging me for a demo. Anyone here use them?
Message 3 of 12
dmagnus

Personally I was wondering the same thing myself. I was going to purchase the NCS CD-ROM unitl I came across this software.
Message 4 of 12
MSBryan

Maybe someone with LA DOTD scanning this board could chime in. They are standardized using Microstation and use Cad Conform to "conform" all of their drawings. I know last year they were working on having the AutoCAD equivalent. We downloaded the software to evaluate here and never really got around to an in depth review.

Sorry this is not a very informative reply.
Message 5 of 12
dxarhoulakos

How good can they be....

Not a single person has replied to this with ANYTHING to say about them....

How long have they been around?
Message 6 of 12
dmagnus

I know...sorry. Yesterday afternoon I had spoken with a representative and the price of the software is $834.00.

This is the only information I was able to gather about it from speaking with a rep. through email.

It is delivered with both the NCS and the Army Corps AEC Tri-Services CADD Standard. Currently CADconform is delivered with V3.1 of the NCS. We are working on all the V4 changes and will be upgrading our clients who purchased CADconform with maintenance for free. Any future releases, we will again upgrade our clients with maintenance for free.

Altiva received the NCS V4 updates last month. As per our agreement with NIBS, we will distribute the new version when complete in about one month.
Message 7 of 12
SantaCAD

Well, I have no personal experience with it.

I am looking through their website now because I recently learned The Corps is looking at buying into it and it would be available to us at special pricing.

It sounds too good to be true. 100% standards conformity???

SantaCAD
Message 8 of 12
dmagnus

I know, I have a difficult time fathoming that myself.

My company needs some sort of actual CAD standard.
Instead of 1 CAD dept., there are separate dept's and
no one is following their own standard. I work in the
Electrical dept. and when I was hired back in 2005, the only standard that this dept. were using and I was told by the "Cad Coordinator", to use Structural/Civil standards from his dept. ???? Exactly. Whacky World over here. So, I took the liberty to creating an Electrical Standard for drafting and currently creating/updating details we use here.
Message 9 of 12
dxarhoulakos

I spoke with them at AU, but the person i was speaking with seamed like she was just a sales person and really didnt know too much about CAD. As soon as I started asking questions with regard to ACA, she got a little lost.

Again, probably just the person I was dealing with, but it was a little frustrating.

They have been bugging me to do a demo, but I just have so much on my plate already. Let me know if you implement it.
Message 10 of 12
dmagnus

I will let you know if I do.
Message 11 of 12
wundrlik

I looked into this software about two and 1/2 years ago. At the time they didn't have all the features I wanted, but all-in-all it looked to be a nice idea.

The UI for it was a little clunky at the time and didn't have all the flexibility i needed in the civil world. I think that for the most part it's a good package, but the inflexibility of it is the only down side. Prepopulating the areas (blocks, layers, text styles, and dimension styles) is the time killer - it's like setting up a C3D template and populating tool palettes.

my $0.02 worth

Ryan A Wunderlich
Message 12 of 12
dmagnus

Thanks....I think I will just purchase the NCS by itself.
Time is money.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report