Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcDgnLsTrans.dbx stalls AutoCAD on startup

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tedwardspg
1750 Views, 6 Replies

AcDgnLsTrans.dbx stalls AutoCAD on startup

I have multiple workstations that run AutoCAD Architecure 2013. When the users start the program it will stall out on the AcDgnLsTrans.dbx for 5-20 min. This file is on the local drive so it can't be a network thing. we need to open and use DGN files on occasion  so I don't want to get rid of it. Any ideas on getting this to not stall out on startup?

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: tedwardspg

I'll suggest running ProcessMonitor from Microsoft, that should show you what's hanging where.  

Message 3 of 7
tedwardspg
in reply to: jggerth1

as soon as its renamed acad does not see it.
ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 4 of 7
aliensinearth
in reply to: tedwardspg

Hi Tedwardspg,

I am also having the same issue. Can you please tell me how did you solve this problem?

Message 5 of 7
ebixler
in reply to: aliensinearth

I don't know if this is the proper solution, but it did resolve the sluggish startup on 2012.

Remove the following files from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012
AcDgnIO.dbx
AcDgnLS.dbx
AcDgnLSDraw.arx
AcDgnLsTrans.dbx
AcDgnMsStr.dll
AcDgnRes.dll
AcDgnUI.arx

I also removed the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012\plug-ins\translators

When I restarted acad, no hesitation occurred. No adverse effect. We don't work with dgn files, so I'm assuming we should have no further problems.  What's really strange is that we've had 2012 installed for years, and this just pops up out of no where. Maybe some one from adesk support will chime in with a real solution.

Message 6 of 7
ebixler
in reply to: ebixler

I also noticed that my users who have not had this problem do not have the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012\plug-ins\translators installed on their workstations. Maybe its just the folder and not the AcDgn* files in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 folder
Message 7 of 7
aliensinearth
in reply to: ebixler

Thank you very much Ebixler.

I will try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report