Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34
Anonymous
226 Views, 33 Replies

I see threads every so often about salaries, but I don't recall ever seeing any about retirement plans. Can I ask what other companies are doing as far as company matching and similar related to retirement? Our company "matches" 5% of you contributions for your first 5%. I have heard other companies contributions make that seem very small, but I'm not sure how common that really is. So I am clear, what I'm saying is for every $1 you contribute, they add 5 cents, and that only applies to contributions up to 5% of your yearly income. How does that compare to what other companies are doing?
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are offered matching on up to 3% of salary. 5% seems like a better deal then I get but my raises make up for that. We are located in SW Florida which happens to have lower salary ranges than in most of the country. Matt "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory."
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous

you say "matching" that would imply to me dollar for dollar? I'm not doing the math here but if that is true, I would think you'd be way ahead if you put in 3% and I put in 5%. I guess maybe i should do the math but it seems those nickles take a long time to add up to dallars. "Matt" wrote in message news:41f12c34_3@newsprd01... > We are offered matching on up to 3% of salary. 5% seems like a better > deal > then I get but my raises make up for that. We are located in SW Florida > which happens to have lower salary ranges than in most of the country. > > Matt > "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory." > > >
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous

No match :-/ "Joe" wrote in message news:41f129c8$1_2@newsprd01... > > I see threads every so often about salaries, but I don't recall ever > seeing any about retirement plans. Can I ask what other companies are > doing as far as company matching and similar related to retirement? Our > company "matches" 5% of you contributions for your first 5%. I have heard > other companies contributions make that seem very small, but I'm not sure > how common that really is. > > So I am clear, what I'm saying is for every $1 you contribute, they add 5 > cents, and that only applies to contributions up to 5% of your yearly > income. How does that compare to what other companies are doing? > > >
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous

Basically I can put as much in as I want. The company will match dollar for dollar up to the 3% of my salary. Matt "What happens if get scared half to death twice?"
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous

"Matt" wrote in message news:41f1308f$1_3@newsprd01... > Basically I can put as much in as I want. The company will match dollar for > dollar up to the 3% of my salary. > > Matt > "What happens you if get scared half to death twice?" > >
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous

We get 15% of what our yearly income was put in a fidelity.com account. We do not need to match a dime.
Message 8 of 34
MR.DEE

$.50 on the $1 up to 6% of salary
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous

wow! "Dustin" wrote in message news:41f1313c_2@newsprd01... > We get 15% of what our yearly income was put in a fidelity.com account. We > do not need to match a dime. > >
Message 10 of 34
Anonymous

Joe managed to post: > How does that compare to what other companies are doing? My company will match 50% of my contribution up to 5% of my total salary. That is, for every dollar I put in, they put in 50 cents. Or in other words, if I put in 10% of my salary, they will put in 5%. -- DocB © #466
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous

Here, I did some numbers for comparison: If we both made $100,000 per year (hypothetical for easy math) and I put in $5,000 (5%), my company would put in $250 if you put in $3,000 (3%), your company would add $3,000 in this example, you would take home more, and have more in your 401k. (of course salaries being the sameis a big factor) "Matt" wrote in message news:41f1308f$1_3@newsprd01... > Basically I can put as much in as I want. The company will match dollar > for > dollar up to the 3% of my salary. > > Matt > "What happens if get scared half to death twice?" > >
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous

50% match here "Joe" wrote in message news:41f129c8$1_2@newsprd01... > > I see threads every so often about salaries, but I don't recall ever > seeing any about retirement plans. Can I ask what other companies are > doing as far as company matching and similar related to retirement? Our > company "matches" 5% of you contributions for your first 5%. I have heard > other companies contributions make that seem very small, but I'm not sure > how common that really is. > > So I am clear, what I'm saying is for every $1 you contribute, they add 5 > cents, and that only applies to contributions up to 5% of your yearly > income. How does that compare to what other companies are doing? > > >
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous

*ALMOST* exactly the same here, except it's 50 cents on the dollar up to 5% of annual gross income. Joe wrote: > I see threads every so often about salaries, but I don't recall ever seeing > any about retirement plans. Can I ask what other companies are doing as far > as company matching and similar related to retirement? Our company > "matches" 5% of you contributions for your first 5%. I have heard other > companies contributions make that seem very small, but I'm not sure how > common that really is. > > So I am clear, what I'm saying is for every $1 you contribute, they add 5 > cents, and that only applies to contributions up to 5% of your yearly > income. How does that compare to what other companies are doing? > > >
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous

> gross income.< Always. Matt
Message 15 of 34
Anonymous

4% Match plus 16% profit sharing "Joe" wrote in message news:41f131fb$1_1@newsprd01... > wow! > > "Dustin" wrote in message news:41f1313c_2@newsprd01... > > We get 15% of what our yearly income was put in a fidelity.com account. We > > do not need to match a dime. > > > > > >
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous

Retirement? Softy, work 'til you drop man ;) -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous

Yea, I'm starting to believe the account won't even be for myself, by that time the retirement age will match my life expectancy. But at least my wife will have something. "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:41f1405f$1_2@newsprd01... > Retirement? Softy, work 'til you drop man ;) > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous

Women do outlive men by ten years on average lol -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 19 of 34
CadManFromHell

You could have only 5¢ per dollard you put in, it will still be 5¢ more than what some have :o(

In the US it seems(from my totally subjective PoV) the trend is to go toward retirement plans, when in Canada, its the opposite, you see less and less retirement plans offered by employers :o(
Message 20 of 34
Anonymous

we got up to 4 1/2% last year, this started very recently, employer only offered 403b's until about 3 years ago and then started with the 401k, initially matched 2 %, and are upping it incrementally until it reaches 5%, I think... (work for a hospital, non-profit, so this is pretty rare, I've heard... oh, I also get great discounts on copays, etc, from using our facilities. bonus!) "Matt" wrote in message news:41f12c34_3@newsprd01... > We are offered matching on up to 3% of salary. 5% seems like a better > deal > then I get but my raises make up for that. We are located in SW Florida > which happens to have lower salary ranges than in most of the country. > > Matt > "A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory." > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report