Community
BXD: Synthesis Forum
FRC robot simulator for aiding the design process by allowing students to test their code and robot CAD model.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after installation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1070 Views, 5 Replies

Problem after installation

I installed the new release and it worked nicely for a while, but now when I select field and robot and start the main simulator it doesn't render anything but a blank blue screen:

bluesynthesis.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mackinnonbuck
in reply to: Anonymous

So, the simulator worked well for a while and then stopped working properly?

My best guess is that you're trying to load outdated field and/or robot files. With the 3.1.0.0 update, the format for field and robot files has changed slightly, and the difference between the old and new formats is sometimes enough to make the simulator not function properly.  Are you loading the field/robot files from the installation directory?  Have you re-exported old robots?

- Mackinnon Buck

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mackinnonbuck

I am using field and robot provided by the installation.

Message 4 of 6
mackinnonbuck
in reply to: Anonymous

It might be a permissions issue, as the built-in field and robot samples are stored in the program files folder. If you run the simulator as administrator, does it work? If not, does moving the robot and field samples to another folder (e.g. Documents), and loading them from there make it run correctly?

Thanks,

- Mackinnon Buck

Message 5 of 6
AndrewSears

Hi All,

I moved this to a new thread.  Adding comments to the announcement will not help others.  Moving to a new post with a proper title will help others in the community that might have the same problem.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

good call. running as admin and it works again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report