Buzzsaw General Discussion

Buzzsaw General Discussion

Valued Contributor
bpettus
Message 11 of 17 (610 Views)

Re: Vault Sync Error

10-01-2013 02:55 PM in reply to: Clarkeng09
Interesting, so is this plugin available for people on the Autodesk Subscription or is it through the Imaginit subscription?

thanks,

Blake
Valued Contributor
Clarkeng09
Message 12 of 17 (601 Views)

10-02-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: bpettus

Imaginit is our reseller, so we get it free with our subscription from them.  They may also offer a paid version of it, however I am not exactly sure on this.  I attached the brochure for the 2014 utilities, also here is the website to take a look at.

http://www.imaginit.com/software-solutions/imaginit-products/imaginit-utilities-for-vault-client

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
Active Contributor
clastrilla
Message 13 of 17 (571 Views)

10-09-2013 11:22 PM in reply to: bpettus

Sorry for butting-in guys, but discovered this thread after making a search on Buzzsaw --> Vault sync issues.

Another software I've found that generates PDF is CoolOrange's PowerJobs:

http://www.coolorange.com/en/products/powerjobs

It's mainly a scripting add-on to Vault, so you can customize what you want to do, but it does have default scripts such as generating PDF's of state change. Haven't seen any scripts that generate a PDF upon check-in, but we've set-up a scenario that when a file goes from WIP to For Review, a PDF is generated so non-CAD guys can view and check the drawing.

Valued Contributor
bpettus
Message 14 of 17 (559 Views)

10-10-2013 05:04 AM in reply to: clastrilla
No please, butt away! I have actually tried PowerJobs but was not successful in getting the PDF on lifecycle change to script to work, any tricks on that one? I did get it to generate the PDFs explicitly on command,

Interested how your testing has gone with the plugin,

thanks,

B
AdamPeter
Message 15 of 17 (539 Views)

10-14-2013 12:14 PM in reply to: Clarkeng09

Steve,

Have you been able to get this to work?  I assume the user you are using in the project sync settings is an administrator on the Buzzsaw side, and the job processor is also using an admin account to log into Vault?  Are the files in question checked out or in use?  Are you able to drag and drop them into Buzzsaw from a working folder?  Are the files in question unusually large?   Just a few things I guess I would check into.  

Thanks,

Adam Peter - Customer Success Engineer
Autodesk
Active Contributor
clastrilla
Message 16 of 17 (531 Views)

10-14-2013 08:06 PM in reply to: bpettus

Hi B, are you using the default PowerJobs scripts? I assume you added the PDF job in the Lifecycle Event Editor of Vault?

If yes to both of these, check if your Job Processor is running as Administrator. It may be a file creation permissions issue.

LifecycleEventEditor.JPG

Valued Contributor
Clarkeng09
Message 17 of 17 (518 Views)

10-15-2013 05:40 AM in reply to: AdamPeter

I have not gotten this to work consistently.  I was using the work around by syncing continuously until we ran out of cloud space because it syncs everything in the specified folders and not just the Released files.

What I have been doing is continually to monitor the job server and manually adding the files by either drag and drop or if I change the state, check out & check in, then re-release they will then go.  Buzzsaw and the Job server users are administrators and the files are released so they can't be checked out at all and the file size is nothing large.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.