Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Sync Error

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Clarkeng09
1913 Views, 16 Replies

Vault Sync Error

Hi,

We are just starting to use Buzzsaw to collaborate with external suppliers.  I am trying to share a number of files with Buzzsaw from our Vault using Project Sync.  For the vast majority of our files I get an error that says 'Vault sync properties failed.'  It says something about the file being locked, however these are new files that are being added to Buzzsaw and they are in a released state within Vault.  Can I not upload released files to Buzzsaw?

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ShanaProd
in reply to: Clarkeng09

Hi - 

Please feel free to contact the Buzzsaw support group directly for any issues around Buzzsaw: http://autodesk.com/buzzsaw-support

Thanks,

Shana

Message 3 of 17
bpettus

Did you get any assistance on this?? I might be able to shed some light on your situation, we are successfully using the

sync with about 50 unique users and have gained some valuable insight on the process.

thanks,

B

Message 4 of 17
bpettus

Did you get any assistance on this?? I might be able to shed some light on your situation, we are successfully using the

sync with about 50 unique users and have gained some valuable insight on the process.

thanks,

B

Message 5 of 17
Clarkeng09
in reply to: bpettus

I haven't had much time to look in to that, however I am still receiving the vault sync error.  We are using the lifecycle event editor to share a drawing to Buzzsaw from vault every time the drawing is released.  My current work around is either quick changing the file, checking it out, saving and check in and release it again.  This typically works however sometimes I need to manually upload it through the buzzsaw interface.  Any further insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 6 of 17
bpettus

The best success we have had involves using continuous syncing with a top level folder (not our entire Vault) to ensure that files on Vault are transferred to Buzzsaw and any new/updated files in Buzzsaw are sent back to Vault. Allow file delete from Vault is turned off so that partial or incorrect uploads to Buzzsaw do not result in permanent deletion of files from Vault.

We tried using Lifecycle changes to trigger Buzzsaw events, but found it limiting in the end and encountered similar errors which we found to be related to file/user permissions.

It is best also if you devote two computers as full-time Job Processors- one to handle DWF publishing tasks, the other for Buzzsaw syncing due to the fact that continuous syncing runs prior to publishing tasks at each job submittal.

hope this helps

B
Message 7 of 17
Clarkeng09

Thanks for the info.  I haven't considered syncing continuously, do you notice any performance issues by doing that besides using two job processors?

We are basically set up to do that as well, where all of our drawings are separate in one folder and we are using 2 computers to process the jobs.  One does everything and is on all the time where the other is used during the day to process PDF and buzzsaw sync.  

This seems like a much better way to sync where I wont have to monitor the job processor all the time.

Thanks,

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 8 of 17
bpettus

Message 9 of 17
bpettus

Sorry for the empty post.. I found we needed to separate the processing duties so that the continuous sync would not need to finish every time prior to regular publish jobs executing.

This does consume an additional license so that can be an issue otherwise it has been very reliable, I think it is about a 2 minute turnaround once info is loaded to Buzzsaw to port over to our Vault now that the bulk of the files are synced.

We do run into xrefs losing their relative pathing but this can be overcome by 'Getting' an entire folder prior to working on the files once it is back in Vault.

You mentioned processing PDFs, are you doing this through a specific app or the enterprise add-on? We are looking for a reliable solution to publish a pdf every time we check-in a file so that non-cad users can view Vault files without Design Review.

thanks,

B
Message 10 of 17
Clarkeng09

We are using an add-on from Imaginit that uses the lifecycle event editor so when a file is released it processes a job to create a PDF of the drawing.  It has been very reliable however it uses the released state and not a check-in.

We get the add-on for free with our subscription, however I think it uses Design Review to create the PDF.  If anyone is familiar with the Vault API I don't think the program is that complex you might be able to write a simple one to process the PDF on check-in.

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 11 of 17
bpettus

Interesting, so is this plugin available for people on the Autodesk Subscription or is it through the Imaginit subscription?

thanks,

Blake
Message 12 of 17
Clarkeng09

Imaginit is our reseller, so we get it free with our subscription from them.  They may also offer a paid version of it, however I am not exactly sure on this.  I attached the brochure for the 2014 utilities, also here is the website to take a look at.

http://www.imaginit.com/software-solutions/imaginit-products/imaginit-utilities-for-vault-client

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 13 of 17
clastrilla

Sorry for butting-in guys, but discovered this thread after making a search on Buzzsaw --> Vault sync issues.

Another software I've found that generates PDF is CoolOrange's PowerJobs:

http://www.coolorange.com/en/products/powerjobs

It's mainly a scripting add-on to Vault, so you can customize what you want to do, but it does have default scripts such as generating PDF's of state change. Haven't seen any scripts that generate a PDF upon check-in, but we've set-up a scenario that when a file goes from WIP to For Review, a PDF is generated so non-CAD guys can view and check the drawing.

Message 14 of 17
bpettus
in reply to: clastrilla

No please, butt away! I have actually tried PowerJobs but was not successful in getting the PDF on lifecycle change to script to work, any tricks on that one? I did get it to generate the PDFs explicitly on command,

Interested how your testing has gone with the plugin,

thanks,

B
Message 15 of 17
AdamPeter

Steve,

Have you been able to get this to work?  I assume the user you are using in the project sync settings is an administrator on the Buzzsaw side, and the job processor is also using an admin account to log into Vault?  Are the files in question checked out or in use?  Are you able to drag and drop them into Buzzsaw from a working folder?  Are the files in question unusually large?   Just a few things I guess I would check into.  

Thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 16 of 17
clastrilla

Hi B, are you using the default PowerJobs scripts? I assume you added the PDF job in the Lifecycle Event Editor of Vault?

If yes to both of these, check if your Job Processor is running as Administrator. It may be a file creation permissions issue.

LifecycleEventEditor.JPG

Message 17 of 17
Clarkeng09
in reply to: AdamPeter

I have not gotten this to work consistently.  I was using the work around by syncing continuously until we ran out of cloud space because it syncs everything in the specified folders and not just the Released files.

What I have been doing is continually to monitor the job server and manually adding the files by either drag and drop or if I change the state, check out & check in, then re-release they will then go.  Buzzsaw and the Job server users are administrators and the files are released so they can't be checked out at all and the file size is nothing large.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report