Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Permission Levels and Buzzsaw Documentation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
emil.talamo
962 Views, 1 Reply

User Permission Levels and Buzzsaw Documentation

Autodesk Buzzsaw Professional 7.2 Training Manual page 16 shows a Permission Level matrix. The "Close Form" indicates that the bulk of the site members would need either "Site Administrator" or "Project Administrator" permission levels.

I ran a test and I can get users to close forms with a "view" permission level. What am I missing here? I though I had reasonable understanding of the English language, but I just don't understand your manuals.

I don't want an apology I want money for correcting your problems!

Do you have a QA department?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mgemmell
in reply to: emil.talamo

It's best to contact our tech support group at 800-892-0449 for issues like this. I've already alerted them on your ealier issue re RFI Gatekeeper Workflow so they'll be in touch and can address this issue too.

First thing I'd check for with permission issues like this is that you are not testing with a user who created the form-log or project & folders the form-log resides in. There is an 'Owner' permission which gives users who create projects, folders, and form-logs additional permissions beyond 'view'. This could be why your test user is able to do things with your form-log beyond the typical 'view' permission. A simple way to see who has 'Owner' permissions to a project or folder is rightclick-->properties and click the Ownership button in the General tab.

Mike.G
TSE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report