Buzzsaw General Discussion

Buzzsaw General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jimk
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

Upload errors - wrong files

69 Views, 1 Replies
06-28-2007 10:22 AM
Has anyone else experienced errors with uploads as far as getting a message that says the file on buzzsaw and your computer has been altered from original? I don't really understand what is going on. I have a guy at one site posing a drawing, it shows it posted, I download the file, but it is the wrong (older file) than what says is posted.

There should be enough time between the upload and download that the files should register different. We have done this trading of files for about 6 months now with no issue, but now we are having problems getting the correct file.

If the file is uploaded from a different account and computer - no error is registered. I am wondering if there is a cache somewhere that needs resetting. Version is set to 1 - upload seems to work.

Confused - thanks for your time.
Employee
keith.pierce
Message 2 of 2 (69 Views)

Re: Upload errors - wrong files

06-29-2007 03:05 PM in reply to: jimk
When a file is uploaded into Buzzsaw, Buzzsaw puts a lock on that file. once the upload is complete, Buzzsaw updates the version information, file size, etc. and then unlocks it.

There is a cache located here. If you continue to run into problems I would contact Support.

(HARD DRIVE):\Documents and Settings\(USER)\Application Data\ProjectPoint-2007\Cache\projectpoint.buzzsaw.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.