Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 10 Wish List

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
245 Views, 1 Reply

Top 10 Wish List

I'd like to get your "top ten" wish list for Buzzsaw. Please let me know what you want in future releases.
Thank you!
Joan Allen, Sr. Product Manager, Autodesk Buzzsaw
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Am_box
in reply to: Anonymous

Top Ten Wish List

For Buzzsaw Standard.

1) Keep it the same. By this I mean do not go mad on adding layers of functionality because people are asking for it. How many products do you see becoming bloatware because of user wish lists, (Microsoft Office?). Most of them are off the cuff remarks which on serious reflection are not actually necessary. For me as a Buzzsaw Reseller the ease of use and simplicity are its biggest assets.

Having said all of this - there are a couple of areas that could be considered:

2) More automation with posting to the site – ie; right click menu integration from within Windows would be nice.

3) When you click on a file can it always default to the general tab. I know it is nice to see the view pop up – but it can really hurt when you have to wait for a 5Mb DWG to view when all you want to do it look at the version history or discussion threads. (Particularly in the UK when many people still use ISDN or Modems to connect)

4) Simplification of storing correspondence on the Buzzsaw Site. I have had a number of users asking me how to record an email type note on the system. At the moment they have set up a Correspondence Note against which relevant discussion threads are created. One answer could be to have a new add item – “Message” that went through the creation Wizard and added the message to the Buzzsaw Site.

5) Compare and contrast on versions – not easy I know – only seen this working in a Cyco product which showed additions and subtractions from AutoCAD files – adding this for DWG’s, DWF’s and possibly other file types would be really handy.

6) Minor point – stop the caching of project information pages – you cannot change and view them on the fly – it keeps looking at the cached version until you log out and in again.

7) Last logged in time on users – and the ability to sort on this. The would help with identifying people who were no longer using the site and allow you to look at training them again, etc.

Sorry – that is only 7 – but to me the system does exactly what it sets out to do. Yes there will always be little niggles but the response I get from people who use the system in the real world is terrific. I have made a number of good sales through recommendations on the system over other extranet solutions.

Keep up the good work.

With Regards

Adam M. Box

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report