Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redline and Markup in Buzzsaw

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
399 Views, 1 Reply

Redline and Markup in Buzzsaw

Do you use the redline/markup capabilities in Buzzsaw? For what purposes do you use it (e.g. design development collaboration, construction questions, etc.) What do you like about it? What needs improvement?

Thanks,
Joan E. Allen, P.E.
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk Buzzsaw
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Adam.box
in reply to: Anonymous

The redline and markup capability within Buzzsaw is pretty essential to the use of the system - I cannot tell you how often I have been asked if you need Autocad to view the files - and the relief when you tell them that files are viewed and can be marked up within Buzzsaw.

From the main sites that I have running I have seen tremendous use of the markup facility for quickly getting comments back to Architects/consultants and recording the fact immediately against the system.

Another excellent use of markup is for defect reports after the construction has been completed - a company in the UK building Fitness Clubs is looking to completely change the way it handles defect reports due to the advantage of being able to highlight and notify someone of the areas that need attention.

In terms of areas for improvement - volo view express only allows simple lines and text. I know that we are into Volo View territory here - but the ability to measure and a more comprehensive set of drawing tools would be very useful.

On a general note - if you found a way of being able to markup other types of files - gifs, word docs, excel using simple online tools you would have a pretty unstopable product!

I know that there has been a lot of talk over where the view / markup side is going with the Buzzsaw product. All I would say is that to take away the ability to freely view and markup drawings would seriously hamper the appeal of the product to my potential clients who are looking for ways of reducing cost during the project cycle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report